SN Now?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone here use SN Now?

Are you able to see all Oilers regular season and playoff games? Any blackouts or restrictions I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
I used it periodically last year for the times when when I was in Canada (at Xmas and after mid April). I wasn’t here most of the winter so can’t say if any games were blacked out. As far as a streaming service though, it’s glitchy. I’ve been using it for Blue Jay games this summer and it’s not the most reliable feed. It seems to freeze on me quite often Where I have to restart or sometimes even re log back in. I run Starlink in Canada and have excellent speed but even with that it’s unreliable. Let me say if I was in Canada and relying on it to watch hockey I’d be looking for an alternative.

SN doesn’t care about their customers.
Especially the customers in Edmonton.
I wouldn’t be giving them any of my money.

Sorry, I know that’s not what you asked, and probably overly negative, but man I hate SN.
Agreed.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
SN doesn’t care about their customers.
Especially the customers in Edmonton.
I wouldn’t be giving them any of my money.

Sorry, I know that’s not what you asked, and probably overly negative, but man I hate SN.
SN and the NHL is a disgrace. It used to be if you got NHL Live and any game whether you were in the US or Canada. Now you have to be in Canada to get SN Now.So you cant use it when you are in the States.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
It's near flawless running it on Desktop with Chrome, have only run into issues using multi-view. I just sign in with my parents Sportsnet TV package info, haven't been hit with any blackouts but not sure if I'm on standard or premium.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Performance is OK if you use a wired connection and you're OK with being so far behind NHL.com is reporting PP goals from power plays that haven't even been called. As for coverage, the basic package works fine if you're in Alberta. Outside of that (but still in Canada) you better be ready to pony up for the extra package.

Reactions: belair

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rogers and Sportsnet hate the Oilers, their fans, the fact that we have McDavid, Our City, and Our way of life.

Why would you give them money? Especially for a knowingly shitty product.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Don’t pirate.

unethical.

They don't even hide their hatred of the Oilers.

1694441407146.png

Their parent company has the NAMING rights to our building and they have to be f***ing assholes to us?

f*** that shit. I'm pirating until they figure this out. I refuse to give them a penny.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Lol.

Have you chastised Rogers as well to act ethically? It’s a two way street. Their repugnant behaviour goes back decades.

Google “Rogers Telecom Unethical”, sit back and enjoy.

(I’m not a fan of the CBC, but obviously you won’t see a story about an unethical Telco on Bell‘s CTV platform or Corus /Global, for obvious reasons).
I guess.

I still don’t support or recommend pirating anything.

I don’t care who does it. It’s wrong.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I have it after cutting cable. It’s glitchy as hell sometimes, other times it’s good.

I have the most trouble on my Apple TV app. If I can’t get it work reliably I’ll log into my phone and cast to my tv. Last resort is going to my laptop which always seems to work good.

Had no issues on cable seriously thinking about getting cable back.

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
I've had to buy an NHL package of some type since moving out here in 2010, and I'll just say that the Sportsnet+ service is THE worst so far.

A few tips I've found that helped keep me from smashing the TV: Don't try to stream from a phone, etc to the TV. App crashes constantly, and when you reload it, the game goes back to the start. I bought ANOTHER Apple TV, as my old one did not support the app (thanks Apple!), and hard wired it with CAT5/6.

Mario was right about the whole "Garage League" thing I guess.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
For the last few years I’ve always just found online free streams for the games as I live in Vancouver and most aren’t on regular cable. I’ve grown tired of the fight to find a reliable stream every game though, so I think I’ll try Sportsnet+ this year. I’ll mostly be streaming from a desktop PC to my tv via HDMI. Hoping it’s reliable and not lagging behind the live play too much. If it’s no good I’ll find something better next year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
For the last few years I’ve always just found online free streams for the games as I live in Vancouver and most aren’t on regular cable. I’ve grown tired of the fight to find a reliable stream every game though, so I think I’ll try Sportsnet+ this year. I’ll mostly be streaming from a desktop PC to my tv via HDMI. Hoping it’s reliable and not lagging behind the live play too much. If it’s no good I’ll find something better next year.

Not sure if this promotion is available in BC but if you renew or add a Rogers/Shaw internet package you can get Sportsnet Now free for 6 months if you do it before Sept. 30th I think.

Not sure if that's an option for you (also obviously check by calling them to make sure this offer is valid in your area).

Reactions: Dempsey

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'll stream movies and tv shows through my Android tv boxes (that can be frustrating as all f*** too sometimes) but I just can't stream live sports. I've found it to be too far behind the tv broadcasted play and the goals/saves/great plays are ruined for me when I'm following along in the GDT.

Plus there seems to be several complaints through each GDT with the paid streaming services having the connection drop, poor audio, poor video, etc. It's not worth the hassle for me. The free streams can be polluted with malware, spyware and viruses so that's a hard no from me anyways even though I do run a reputable internet security program.

I see Rogers still has the NHL and Oilers broadcast rights for three full seasons yet.:mad:

There's only one thing left to do to cram their anti-Oilers bias so far down their throats, it comes out their asses...

major-league.gif

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Id happily pay if there was a service that one could watch in both the US & Canada. But there isnt anymore. So i wont pay. And Ill cheat.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anyone here use SN Now?

Are you able to see all Oilers regular season and playoff games? Any blackouts or restrictions I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

I used it last year in conjunction with the NHL Bell Satellite package but I think there are some blackouts. It sucks because you can’t use it outside of Canada so you need to buy a streaming service for the US or Europe whereas before the NHL app did it all. So I’m not buying it this year and on the fence about renewing my Bell NHL network subscription which I’ve had forever.

Reactions: Barrsy

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I used SN Now last year and was great for me. No complaints.
If the Airplay function worked properly for the app I’d consider going back. It’s the only app that continually bumps off and needs to be restarted when i airplay to a TV. It was to the point that it’s upwards of 3-4x per period. I have Starlink and have robust internet so it’s not that. I dropped it as a result and have been using, when I’m in Canada, a “cheaper alternative” that for some reason doesn’t have these same issues.

Reactions: Barrsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad