Post-Game Talk: Smith with the shutout*

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nah I know. And I'm sure his millions help him. I just think it's misplaced anger on the part of the fanbase due to bad management. Again.

It's always the players that take the brunt of the abuse here.

All fair comments. Part of fandom. I think without fans in attendance there isn't really any counterbalance to some player negativity, and most of us do it. To your credit you resist.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
All fair comments. Part of fandom. I think without fans in attendance there isn't really any counterbalance to some player negativity, and most of us do it. To your credit you resist.
Maybe I'm right there with the rest of ya'll and I just don't know it or am lying to myself.

My anger at the franchise has become so overwhelming that my anger is now directed at anger, which further breeds more anger.

f***in Oilers.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It makes me feel bad for Koski. It's just another repeat situation where inept front office suits handed out an overpriced contract to a guy who shouldn't have gotten as much as he did, so then the media and fans zero in on that and use it to drive some personal distaste of the player. He's been a solid 1B for this team since they got him but the only thing we hear is he's garbage because he's being paid like a starter but isn't one. Nevermind the fact that his defensive support has been suspect at best.
I agree with you and feel somewhat bad for him with some of the vitriol coming his way. But the 4.5/year should help with his feelings. But there were people on here that vigorously defended that deal, that haven't been heard from on the subject since.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I agree with you and feel somewhat bad for him with some of the vitriol coming his way. But the 4.5/year should help with his feelings. But there were people on here that vigorously defended that deal, that haven't been heard from on the subject since.
Yeah I'm obviously one of the more vocal supporters, but that contract was never defensible. Woof.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad