Recalled/Assigned: Smith and Hirose to GR: Mantha and Nielsen activated

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Hirose was actually playing really well. He was playing smart, patient with the puck and seem to always find an open guys breaking towards the net on a rush. There were times, however, where he played with the puck too much at the blueline on a breakout. I think in any regard he should be staying up for the remainder of the season after the deadline (or at least until the Griffins are in the playoffs).

Reactions: RedMenace

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hirose was actually playing really well. He was playing smart, patient with the puck and seem to always find an open guys breaking towards the net on a rush. There were times, however, where he played with the puck too much at the blueline on a breakout. I think in any regard he should be staying up for the remainder of the season after the deadline (or at least until the Griffins are in the playoffs).
Honestly if we were healthy I’d be encouraged to see a forward lineup of this to end the year:

mantha- larkin- zadina
Bertuzzi- AA- Hirose
Fabri- Filppula- Svech
Perlini-Nielsen- glenny

Extras:
Abby
Erne

helm moved at deadline and Ehn sent down

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Honestly if we were healthy I’d be encouraged to see a forward lineup of this to end the year:

mantha- larkin- zadina
Bertuzzi- AA- Hirose
Fabri- Filppula- Svech
Perlini-Nielsen- glenny

Extras:
Abby
Erne

that doesn’t look bad.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

mantha- larkin- zadina
Bertuzzi- AA- Hirose
Fabri- Filppula- Svech
Perlini-Nielsen- glenny

Extras:
Abby
Erne

I've been asking for lines like this all year but Blashill just won't do something like this. He relies on the safe player way too much which I could understand if we were competitive but when we are this bad, what in the hell is there to lose? Try to find a spark I say. But no, we must play Helm/Glendening in bigger roles so we don't get stomped by 7 goals instead of 5.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
** OPINION AHOY **

AA won't be here after the deadline, so that 2C spot needs to be filled.

I think it would be hilarious (and would love it) if Nashville traded Turris (cap dump) plus a pick for AA.

And then Weird Flip gets bought out at the end of the year.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
** OPINION AHOY **

AA won't be here after the deadline, so that 2C spot needs to be filled.

I think it would be hilarious (and would love it) if Nashville traded Turris (cap dump) plus a pick for AA.

And then Weird Flip gets bought out at the end of the year.

I’d be down for that. I’m a big believer in chemistry. Turis and Mantha seemed to have it in spades.

Reactions: RedMenace

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Don't care for Nielsen back in the lineup, but I must be watching a different Hirose than others on here. He doesn't really do all that much, as he didn't really create much offence while up and he doesn't excel in other areas of the game.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Have too ask why you shut Ehn down rather than ... you know, any body else.
Because everybody in the top 12 are better than him and they aren’t going to realistically waive Abby. You could make a case of Ehn>Erne as I think they are similar, so honestly wouldn’t care which one but if I’m not mistaken Ehn doesn’t need to clear waivers (I could be wrong on this)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My lineup after trade deadline.

(Expecting Helm & Athanasiou gone, and all heatlhy)

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Nielsen - Zadina
Smith - Filppula - Svechnikov
Abdelkader - Ehn - Glendening
(Perlini, Erne)

Rasmussen up, if center injury (Nielsen spot).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
different Hirose than others on here. He doesn't really do all that much, as he didn't really create much offence while up and he doesn't excel in other areas of the game.

7th best point producer per game from our forwards from last 2 seasons.

And Fabbri + Zadina are out, so currently he would be the 5th best.

I think he should deserve to be up, but also understand that all trade deadline baits have to be playing instead of him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
7th best point producer per game from our forwards from last 2 seasons.

And Fabbri + Zadina are out, so currently he would be the 5th best.

I think he should deserve to be up, but also understand that all trade deadline baits have to be playing instead of him.

PPG means extremely little based on how few games he has played.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
PPG means extremely little based on how few games he has played.

And you think there's more offensive potential in guys like Perlini, Erne, Ehn, Glendening, Filppula, Nielsen, Helm and Abdelkader, which Hirose has outproduced in points per game, and also in on-ice expected goals for?

Just compared him to guys who have played at least same amount of minutes on last 2 seasons than Hirose. You can't compare his production in any other way, so I compared it with the only way.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
My lineup after trade deadline.

(Expecting Helm & Athanasiou gone, and all heatlhy)

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Nielsen - Zadina
Smith - Filppula - Svechnikov
Abdelkader - Ehn - Glendening
(Perlini, Erne)

Rasmussen up, if center injury (Nielsen spot).
Please don't do that to Zadina and Fabbri. They deserve way better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad