Smashville Loyal - New Season Ticket Plan

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Wasn’t sure if anyone had paid much attention to this yet but seems the Preds are kicking off a new STH concept that tiers benefits based on ticket tenure.

I’m always for added benefits but also concerned that some of us more tenured folks are getting bought off with things like cheaper hot dogs for increases in ticket prices. I think if you’re already a sth they’re supposed to communicate more next week.

Any thoughts on this with what we know now?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I'm going to ask my rep but it looks like they want everyone off of their current grandfathered plans and into these new, higher, price points. For example, three year commitment folks who's section has since went up in price from when they initially signed up for their plan.

• All new Smashville Loyal and existing Season Ticket Holders who are at the completion of their current agreement are required to enroll in Smashville Loyal as it is the program that encompasses your season tickets.

Taste The Rainbow.JPG

If that is the case, I don't see any upside from a current STH perspective. Fans will not be able to afford the new price points if they want to keep their existing seats/section.

I could be totally wrong though.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah if they pull us out of our current price point and ‘max x% increase’ plan I’m just going to let them go. I’d rather just roll the dice on some of the sweetheart promo packs they sell throughout the season. Just seems like a weird time for them to potentially run off people in the Gold tier with huge price increases.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah if they pull us out of our current price point and ‘max x% increase’ plan I’m just going to let them go. I’d rather just roll the dice on some of the sweetheart promo packs they sell throughout the season. Just seems like a weird time for them to potentially run off people in the Gold tier with huge price increases.
4% max increase was a big selling point for my last multi year discount. My section will change names but I'm not sure whether I have 1 year left or if this was the final year of my deal. I wish they'd show that on the ticket site. Prices shown are how much you have paid or have left to pay on the current year with no further indication that I can find.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Invoices hit today. Pricing didn’t really change for us. I’ve been asking around over the last week or so and seems us old timers are getting more of a benefit in-house with escalated discounts and supposedly this will be more of a ticket price benefit for those who signed on from around scf time up to new folks just now getting tickets. Will be interested to hear if that’s the case if anyone here is in that post-scf situation.

I also heard if you go to half season from full there isn’t really a pricing penalty like there used to be. We might actually explore going to half season if that’s the case. I expect you might get blocked if they do what they used to do tagging some seats as full only but we’ll see.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I was told that the price increase for existing STH's would vary from the low single digits up to a max of 10%.

If, for example, 219 went from Corner Club to Sideline Club the current STH's in that section would not see their increase be 100% at their renewal time. The increase would be as stated above.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How are tptb justifying a price increase with the crap product that is going to be put out on the ice for the foreseeable future?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
How are tptb justifying a price increase with the crap product that is going to be put out on the ice for the foreseeable future?
I won’t spend another penny on this team. No tix. No merch. Nothing. Why should I pay, or even care, to watch AHL level talent playing in the NHL? 4 forwards and 2 d in last nights lineup have no business being there. A couple of other forwards are dangerously close to that level of play.

We went Saturday because a friend was in from out of town but I won’t set foot inside the arena with the product they are icing.

Team that with how bad the Bally app is and I’m close to being done with this team. At least the Bally app will have some Prime money and support behind it soon so maybe one problem fixed.

They sure don’t make it easy to be a fan of this team right now.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Team that with how bad the Bally app is and I’m close to being done with this team. At least the Bally app will have some Prime money and support behind it soon so maybe one problem fixed.
The Amazon thing makes it worse. Without that, they were likely heading down the same path of Vegas & Arizona and getting Scripps to put it on free OTA antenna tv. I have a feeling it would have been on News Channel 5 +

Reactions: Legionnaire11

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The Amazon thing makes it worse. Without that, they were likely heading down the same path of Vegas & Arizona and getting Scripps to put it on free OTA antenna tv. I have a feeling it would have been on News Channel 5 +
Thanks for making my mood worse. Haha.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Crap product (on the ice) for now and also nowhere close to the cap. Sounds like a good formula for price increase.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
My question was geared more to what happens if your current section gets remapped as opposed to the standard annual increase. The current seating chart is a rainbow compared to what is was a decade ago and section price points seem to change more often nowadays.

Everything is going up all around us. Either by inflation or shrink-flation. Take your pick. Decisions are going to have to be made by us and the org on how to approach this.

Those of you on a season by season plan may be able to tell us how much your tickets increased as a % once you have that info.

I'm still on a three year, so my case may be apples to oranges.

czechczech

Dec 10, 2014
Section 329 - Lower Corner Balcony. Sucks - A 13.4 % increase for me!

At the end of my 3 year agreement and Rows A-F were reclassified "lower" after my last 3 year renewal so I was expecting a good bump, but not 13.4%. Not sure where the loyalty is?

In the past, I would look at the cost of new season tickets in my Section, and justify the 2-4% annual increases, but not 13 percent! And, not sure what new season tickets cost in my section - Preds not disclosing that for now. Is there a discount for Smashville Loyal or is just free hot dogs?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Section 329 - Lower Corner Balcony. Sucks - A 13.4 % increase for me!

At the end of my 3 year agreement and Rows A-F were reclassified "lower" after my last 3 year renewal so I was expecting a good bump, but not 13.4%. Not sure where the loyalty is?

In the past, I would look at the cost of new season tickets in my Section, and justify the 2-4% annual increases, but not 13 percent! And, not sure what new season tickets cost in my section - Preds not disclosing that for now. Is there a discount for Smashville Loyal or is just free hot dogs?
So that's like $5 - $6 per game? Seems like a pretty big jump.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
My seats were reclassified from lower sideline balcony to corner balcony and our prices dropped, by a lot.

I still think that making the first 3 rows a higher price than the rest of the section is unfair.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm still on a three year, so my case may be apples to oranges.

My rep told me they are resetting everyone to yearly because I thought we still had at least a year left on a 3… Or it’s possible I misunderstood. Might want to double check on your contract just in case.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
My rep told me they are resetting everyone to yearly because I thought we still had at least a year left on a 3… Or it’s possible I misunderstood. Might want to double check on your contract just in case.

I confirmed with my rep, in writing, that I am still in an ongoing contract and they also confirmed the future season on which it was up. Once that contract is completed, I will then have the option to renew but only on an annual basis. Until that time however, my benefits will reflect this new loyalty plan structure based on my STH tenure.

Frankly, I did not know when I was up until I contacted my rep. It got confusing. They had that one bonus season during one of the three season periods and then the covid season didn't count towards the contract, etc. I had to check just to make sure.

Also, when I spoke with them at the game on Thursday, they didn't bat an eye when I told them I was on a three year plan. No mention of everyone being reset or anything, just what would happen once that contract was up.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I know y'all are all longtime STHs mostly, but I got this email showing year 1 benefits.

ADKq_NZsJMGMpnx3rD2hCH4JMmDFXpZILFkSg3MSTgqK8qaBeAulfrUqXZfaJAMFHjy8PF5HeaTvu_sUWnudcMFHlwTrRAjblbPojJyMpW57VRXK2SgwF_iFeSojy0tOM4boVOhgXaHMX359AHkmcKk=s0-d-e1-ft

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I got an email saying I was signed up for next year. I don't know how long after that but no differences other than the 4% max for me.

I will be in GFA Corner Club, Section 219. Anyone heard an actual price for that section for 2024-25 for FST? I'd like to get a feel for what it will be.

I guess I still get a jersey. Hope so, anyway.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yes - Big jump; particularly, when 5-8 midweek games won't sell at my cost(plus TM fees).

This is the main reason we decided to drop to half starting next season. Ticket price went up slightly vs full but I figure it limits my loss risk exposure over the entirety of the season. I just can’t make games like I used to.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I have one year left on my full. Not sure if I will renew at full or half. So many of the folks I know in my section have dropped to half or are not coming anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad