Confirmed with Link: Smallman 1y2w

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
$750k/$75k per the article. His QO would have been $771,750. Them players really don't like signing to the AHL minimum, but let's see if there is minimun guaranteed salary to the tune of $100k or something.
his previous ahl salary was 70k, and ahl minimum is actually 52k. wouldn't surprise me if he just took took a $21,750 nhl paycut to get a $5k ahl raise, which makes sense given he's highly unlikely to see nhl time.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
his previous ahl salary was 70k, and ahl minimum is actually 52k. wouldn't surprise me if he just took took a $21,750 nhl paycut to get a $5k ahl raise, which makes sense given he's highly unlikely to see nhl time.
Yes, the point I was poorly trying to make was that non-NHL players are not into QOs, because they tend to get better AHL minimum salary in a negotiated SPC.

Obviously I completely failed to notice, that for a player who is not signing his first SPC, the AHL salary needs to be at least the previous year's AHL salary:

"if a Player is eligible to receive a Two-Way Qualifying Offer, the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary component shall not be less than the higher of the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary, if any, or the minimum Minor League salary. "

So news to me, the AHL salary is not such a deterrent after all, if the player has already gotten to set his AHL salary level.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I hope Smallman can get one good injury free season to prove himself. He is good and plays a 200 foot game while providing good depth scoring. Unfortunately he is either injured or recovering all the time.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Was this guy ever signed to his ELC? I remember the name when he was drafted but that was what, 2014? Never heard much from him since.

Either way welcome back I guess.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Was this guy ever signed to his ELC? I remember the name when he was drafted but that was what, 2014? Never heard much from him since.

Either way welcome back I guess.
Injuries and then too many guys in Chicago last year to get ice time.....not sharing with Nashville this year with give more opportunities

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad