WWE: Smackdown LIVE! part II - the unwanted child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I mean hey, they gave Apollo Crews, and Baron Corbin some exposure, and they looked really good.

And now they seem to be building Dolph Ziggler up.

I mean, it's a better option than tossing all the eggs in Styles, Cena, Wyatt and Ambrose.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
People say they want new superstars elevated then complain when it happens. Dolph could become a big player from a push like this.

I was watching Monday Night War the other day. They were talking about when WCW pushed youth in 2000 to try and turn it around.

They said you can't keep somebody at the bottom of the card for years and just throw them in the main event. It doesn't work that way.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd be ok with the push but we've just seen him lose so often. Kinda hard to buy him as being "the guy"when it comes to the world title picture

If they planned on doing this, they should have kept Dolph Ziggler off TV for a couple months pre-draft

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The highlight of smackdown for me was seeing Alexa

I love her
But that's not very good :laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Looks like most got their hopes up to high after raw. Remember 2-3 people over here were saying the last raw was better than wrestlemania. Maybe smackdown could use Samoa Joe.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I was watching Monday Night War the other day. They were talking about when WCW pushed youth in 2000 to try and turn it around.

They said you can't keep somebody at the bottom of the card for years and just throw them in the main event. It doesn't work that way.

I wouldn't say he was the bottom of the card. He has had a pretty loyal base of fans who have wanted to see him elevated for years.

You also have to understand the story being told. They have mentioned the whole "no glass ceiling on smackdown" ever since Shane returned. The story of Dolphs career is that he has been held back by management. Now in the "new era" he has finally broken through. The casual fans will buy into the underdog story.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Considering they burned the tag teams in the battle royale...not a bad idea saving American Alpha for an actual tag match next week. Curious to see what they do with the tag and women's divisions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Considering they burned the tag teams in the battle royale...not a bad idea saving American Alpha for an actual tag match next week. Curious to see what they do with the tag and women's divisions.

Specifically that woman's segment was a **** show. With the match last night, you knew everyone would be looking there, and it was a complete disaster. Let Alexa and Carmella work each other.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Too bad they seem intent on burying the Vaudevillains.

Them, American Alpha, FaBreeze and eventually Harper and Rowan would be a solid tag team core.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Specifically that woman's segment was a **** show. With the match last night, you knew everyone would be looking there, and it was a complete disaster. Let Alexa and Carmella work each other.

Bliss coming out was the right move.

If they left it at a confrontation between those two, then it would have been good.

Leave Carmella and Eva Marie for next week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bliss coming out was the right move.

If they left it at a confrontation between those two, then it would have been good.

Leave Carmella and Eva Marie for next week.
Bliss was fine, I was excited for that.

But not the entire damn roster

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Smackdown is a fixer-upper of a show...gotta hang with it through Summerslam to see what they do. The lack of depth in the roster was painfully obvious but we knew that last Tuesday. We saw a brief Rhyno appearance and Shelton is coming back...would've liked to see a few more young studs on the show build up. I've liked the repeated suggestion that Sami and K.O. should've been split up. Crews is solid but not must see. Corbin, I don't get it with him. Tall guy but just a weird looking dude.

It's going to be a tough watch for a few weeks but I'll give it a chance. If they didn't have A.J. and Bray...I probably wouldn't watch at all.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bray would've been a better option than Ziggler. Every reason you can possibly give for Ziggler getting the shot you can say for Bray but Bray is at least still somewhat relevant. They really got some work to do on Smackdown to make that roster good even just for two hours. They're going to need some NXT call-ups and signings as they come. If Shelton is signed, put him on. When it's time to bring up guys like Nakamura, Joe, Itami, and girls like Bayley and Asuka, they need to go to Smackdown. They shouldn't have done the battle royal when they had little else behind it. Six pack challenge was a good idea but it should've been all qualifiers and done next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad