WWE: Smackdown LIVE part 5 - Tag champs can make payments on above ground pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just got back from vacation and saw Miz's little shoot. You can tell he was absolutely frustrated by being called a coward and took an unfair shot at DB. DB was probably right to walk off stage.

Then Miz did his best to get back to a wrestling promo. But boy.. he was fiiiiiired up. Any news on this?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It was a work, there's no news to actually happen.

All of it was a confirmed work? I trust Miz/DB to be solid actors, but Miz looked like he was losing his cool at the beginning and re-gained composure. It was all a work from the beginning?

Weirdly i don't believe the powers of the internet wrestling world there. If so - both guys deserve awards for acting, and they aren't that good of actors. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think it was supposed to be a work, but The Miz went next level.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Talking Smack blurs the lines.

Bryan has absolutely avoided talking about it on social media whereas Maryse took a shot at him with a bingo hall picture on Twitter to play it up. Part of me believes it's a full on work, but another part wants me to believe they agreed to certain parameters and everything that was said, but with Miz's conviction and delivery, it hit Bryan more than he expected and he walked off to play it up and give Miz his time to shine.

They played it up like it was real. I'm pretty sure they cut Talking Smack short after that segment.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Weirdly... DB doesn't seem like a guy who wants to get into those types of storylines. And this is utter speculation from me, but I just feel it still haunts him every day he can't get in that ring. I don't think the guy wants to get into that type of thing unless he could go in and work a match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Weirdly... DB doesn't seem like a guy who wants to get into those types of storylines. And this is utter speculation from me, but I just feel it still haunts him every day he can't get in that ring. I don't think the guy wants to get into that type of thing unless he could go in and work a match.

If they agreed to it beforehand, he probably thought he was over it enough where he could do it but obviously from his tone when he said if they let him he would come back, he isn't over it.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
I think it was supposed to be a work, but The Miz went next level.

Smackdown needs more superstars outside of Ambrose / Styles/ Cena / Wyatt and Orton. Miz might have taken that next step.

The unfortunate side effect of his tirade on talking smack is that he might have just turned himself face by accident.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
When a heel cuts a promo like that when there's no crowd around to react and all we see is how the media and the internet put him over...does that necessarily mean he'll be over with the crowd? If that promo was done in the ring...a heel like Miz going after a babyface like Bryan...I don't think he would've gotten over. Fans that appreciate good heel work would've given him his due though.

And I totally think this was a work...it's to give Talking Smack some attention and for the Network's sake, more viewers. A good exchange nonetheless.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
All of it was a confirmed work? I trust Miz/DB to be solid actors, but Miz looked like he was losing his cool at the beginning and re-gained composure. It was all a work from the beginning?

Weirdly i don't believe the powers of the internet wrestling world there. If so - both guys deserve awards for acting, and they aren't that good of actors. :laugh:

He's an A-lister for a reason.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Well worked shoot. They planned out before hand to touch on what they said but Miz added a bit extra fire apparently.

It wasn't a total shoot for sure.

Oct 18, 2011
miz and bryan are friends, maybe miz crossed the line but he's at a crucial time in his career, and if WWE is smart they will run with this on tv

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Smackdown needs more superstars outside of Ambrose / Styles/ Cena / Wyatt and Orton. Miz might have taken that next step.

The unfortunate side effect of his tirade on talking smack is that he might have just turned himself face by accident.

He's not good enough in the ring to sniff the upper echelon. He's already flopped as world champion once. He's a decent midcard guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Miz was very good as a world champion. As usual, the writing sucked and buried him. He was third wheel as the champ st WM27 to Dwayne and Cena, and then jobbed out to Cena in a 2v1 I quit match to an STF after beating the holy **** out of him for 20 minutes

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well worked shoot. They planned out before hand to touch on what they said but Miz added a bit extra fire apparently.

It wasn't a total shoot for sure.

miz and bryan are friends, maybe miz crossed the line but he's at a crucial time in his career, and if WWE is smart they will run with this on tv

I've been pretty good all my life at being able to see someone's real emotions vs. what they are portraying. Wrestling is always good when the storylines are semi-real, yet just enhanced greatly. That makes you think twice about what you are watching.

Miz CLEARLY tried to change his promo when DB leaves the set. It went from a bit too real to back on track as a wrestling promo. There was a clear change in his direction of the promo once DB went off stage. It almost looks like Miz knew he stepped a bit too far, and altered his promo ever so slightly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I doubt anything serious is going to come of the Miz situation. Although I am very interested in who his next opponent is going to be. I feel like Crews was poorly booked through the entire process and I had no chance to even get excited about him. I guess the next and most logical choice is Dolph Ziggler?

Edit: re-watching that segment it almost looks like Miz was holding some plastic mock up with spray painted championship gold on it. HA!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad