WWE: Smackdown Live Part 16: The Fabulous era...cancelled by powerhungry DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
You wonder with this...was the plan to go forward with what happened Sunday or was there enough backlash to force them to change this around and essentially have a do-over next week? It would be pretty crappy if they purposely had the goofy ending on Sunday just to have Bryan return and have the moment of reversing the result and doing the match again next week on USA.

Honestly, even though I think it would be utterly stupid to change plans because of backlash, I hope it was. If this was the plan all along, there are no words to describe the stupidity.

In a span of like 90 minutes, it's possible they may have killed any/all heat Carmella drew. Like, how/why am I supposed to boo her after you take her briefcase away AND you have her get beat down by two faces? You've just built sympathy for the heel. The logic is baffling.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, even though I think it would be utterly stupid to change plans because of backlash, I hope it was. If this was the plan all along, there are no words to describe the stupidity.

In a span of like 90 minutes, it's possible they may have killed any/all heat Carmella drew. Like, how/why am I supposed to boo her after you take her briefcase away AND you have her get beat down by two faces? You've just built sympathy for the heel. The logic is baffling.

Exactly, she had fantastic heat based off of how she won the match and her promo tonight. Screw this DB. Hate his character now as well as this booking. All this for a SD match :laugh:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I love how Bryan was told he had to leave emotion out of it and strictly follow the rules. Then subsequently acknowledged the rules supported the result and overturned it on pure emotion lol.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
kbrcTVJ.gif

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The MitB decision was still stupid and a terrible idea.

Carmella was just able to turn it around with a very good promo.

Nope, it was, and still is a fantastic idea. Carmella never gets the heat she got tonight if she pulls down the briefcase herself. The entire point of the angle was that a man ruined the 'historic' first women's MITB ladder match, and that the woman who won it didn't give a damn. She had the briefcase and didn't care how she got it.

To completely go back on it 48 hours later and book a rematch is what's a terrible idea. Finally, they looked to have maybe built a female heel who legitimately drew heel heat. It wasn't just because of her promo either, the boos started as soon as her music hit. For Carmella, that was telling, seeing as how she came out to crickets every time before tonight. Taking the briefcase away from her and have two faces beat her down does nothing but undercut the character (and, bizarrely, build sympathy). There's no reason for the fans to boo her anymore as she got her comeuppance already. If/when she wins next week why should we care? If she wins it clean, then everything was pointless and if she cheats, what's stopping Bryan from just stripping it from her again?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Next week it'll probably be Jordan getting the title shot. They made Gable look good though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Next week it'll probably be Jordan getting the title shot. They made Gable look good though.

And then the week after it's Gable again. They're good friends and help each other move each week just to be a pain in KO's ass.

Then SWERVE, they turn heel and beat the **** outta AJ Styles.

American Alpha vs. Styles & Nakamura into the fall leading to Styles/Nakamura branching off into a singles program.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think it was the wrong way to go for what they were building it up as. I'm willing to give them rope on it simply because since they've put more focus on the women and their role in the company, they've been a lot more respectable with their decisions on booking the big matches they build up for them. I may not agree with them turning around and booking another one on free TV afterwards but I understand why they're doing it and given that finish, it's good for the company to put something like that on free TV and end it in a less lowkey demeaning fashion. It is absolutely something that can be used to build heat but the heat isn't all really directed at Carmella and Ellsworth. It's directed at the company for taking a historic match being built as such and marginalizing all those women by having a guy be the reason why she won. I think if Carmella was a lot more controlling of Ellsworth in that spot where she was demonstrably telling him to do this and that to clear the way and get the briefcase, I think you could get the heat while at least making it more like a woman took charge to win the match instead of what they did. Just my two cents though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad