WWE: Smackdown Live part 15 -- WELLNESS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Imagine Drew along with heath come out to help Jinder win the title only to all get RKO'd into oblivion but then Rhyno gores orton outta nowhere and Jinder wins the belt and we have a modern day evolution stable? 4MB BAYBAY :sarcasm:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Shinsuke Nakamura opens the show.
- SD Women's Title: Naomi vs. Charlotte.
- Randy Orton vs. Erick Rowan in a No DQ match.
- AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin.
- Beat the Clock: The Colons, American Alpha, The Ascension and FaBreeze.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
- Shinsuke Nakamura opens the show.
- SD Women's Title: Naomi vs. Charlotte.
- Randy Orton vs. Erick Rowan in a No DQ match.
- AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin.
- Beat the Clock: The Colons, American Alpha, The Ascension and FaBreeze.

Well.... at least they're TRYING to showcase the SDL tag division. I guess when you get rid of Miz whining for 10 minutes on every show it leaves you more time to do other things.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So when is Nak going to actually wrestle?

Already getting tired with the same ole crap they've had him do.. I get it, its the writers, not him - but still..

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So when is Nak going to actually wrestle?

Already getting tired with the same ole crap they've had him do.. I get it, its the writers, not him - but still..
See Lesnar.

Make something rare, make something special.

The same applies here. No need to rush to give away something that you can make people pay for. Want to see Nakamura wrestle? Go to a house show or buy the Network. Welcome to wrestling promoting.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
See Lesnar.

Make something rare, make something special.

The same applies here. No need to rush to give away something that you can make people pay for. Want to see Nakamura wrestle? Go to a house show or buy the Network. Welcome to wrestling promoting.

Sure in theory, but is that really going to work in this day and age?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Breezango worked as faces vs. The Ascension last night at a live event. I hope they move towards a babyface role.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Breezango worked as faces vs. The Ascension last night at a live event. I hope they move towards a babyface role.
Probably doesn't mean anything. There are no faces on Smackdown except Alpha right now as New Day have time off. They have been using Rhyno and Slater, but they were needed on TV so you got heel vs heel.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sure in theory, but is that really going to work in this day and age?
It does work. They do it with Cena a lot, he'll not wrestle on TV but do the dark match instead. Nakamura has been put in Cenas spot and they are treating him the same for now. But I assume he'll have some TV matches sooner or later.

Obviously it's not the only way to handle a debut, Bálor's was a great one where he beat everyone and looked like a boss. Joe was great where he was killing guys. But I think Nakamura's has been fine. He is something different, so he gets to ride that instead.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Regardless of what you think of Jinder,

If you have ever posted LOL CENA/SHEAMUS/ROMAN WINS in any form or complained about the same old **** happening and you are now complaining about Jinder Mahal, it's pretty hypocritical.

This might end terribly and it'll be a trivia answer years from now about who Orton beat at that one PPV, but it's at the very least intriguing to see where they will go.

I, like probably most, was rooting for Luke Harper, but I'm not going instantly bury something different than the norm.

I disagree with the idea that it's hypocritical to criticize Mahal's status right now just because of lolcenawins and the like memes. Wanting something different doesn't mean you simply take anything that they offer lest you be a hypocrite. They are two separate issues. People weren't complaining when Styles was champion and that was different. People were complaining when Ambrose was champion but they weren't hypocrites. They aren't now for having concerns about a talent in their position.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I disagree with the idea that it's hypocritical to criticize Mahal's status right now just because of lolcenawins and the like memes. Wanting something different doesn't mean you simply take anything that they offer lest you be a hypocrite. They are two separate issues. People weren't complaining when Styles was champion and that was different. People were complaining when Ambrose was champion but they weren't hypocrites. They aren't now for having concerns about a talent in their position.

It could be great. Seems silly to bury it right now when it is just starting. I don't think I've ever seen Jinder given five minutes to do anything. At least give it tonight before you say it's terrible.

Will it be great? Probably not, but it's not like Jinder has a track record to guarantee it's going to be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad