WWE: Smackdown Live 27: We don't deserve anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Never did I ever anticipate a Kofi/Danielson feud for a top title. Like it was never a dream feud mainly because it wasn’t a dream to have.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's only three Smackdowns between Fastlane and Mania.

You can't build another feud in that span of time.

Could plant the seeds between now and fast lane too though.

I admit though, i was grinning like an idiot when Shane made the announcement. I’m very happy for Kofi. It’s impossible not to be. Not only that, but Bryan seems like the exact type of guy to put over someone like Kofi at the granddaddy of em all.

They kinda fell into the feud but they need to capitalize on the organic fire in Kofi. This only comes around so often. Nobody knows that like Bryan.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could have been a dope 3 on 3 New Day vs. DB and company. If New Day wins - kofi gets a title shot. Idk... something DIFFERENT.

But then it wouldn't really be a title match, though. Not nearly as exciting without the title on the line. That's a match more suited to, well, Smackdown, than any PPV.

Would've been fine if they had that match tonight, even if they haven't introduced any additional members to Bryan's flock. Not even sure if that's going to happen, it's not as if he even needs Rowan. :dunno:

Who knows, though, maybe Harper makes the save at Fastlane and joins Bryan that night. He's been gone since forever, same as Wyatt. Leading to Kofi's revenge at 'Mania.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Could have been a dope 3 on 3 New Day vs. DB and company. If New Day wins - kofi gets a title shot. Idk... something DIFFERENT.

That’s a proper world title build right there. Would’ve loved that, and the New Day would’ve been crushing their segments. As long as Kofi get his deserved moment then I’m ok with the way they’re going now. They could even do a six man match for the world title with these same guys and give Kofi the rub. Many ways to still pull this off

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That’s a proper world title build right there. Would’ve loved that, and the New Day would’ve been crushing their segments. As long as Kofi get his deserved moment then I’m ok with the way they’re going now. They could even do a six man match for the world title with these same guys and give Kofi the rub. Many ways to still pull this off

And then it leads to the inevitable Big E turn... which could lead to a Big E title run and monster push he finally gets, too. I don't know. If they just took time and booked long term with well thought out stories, fans would invest. I think the talent is so good on WWE they could interchange some of these names and as long as the story made sense, we'd mark out. We all love wrestling.

That's what I don't get about WWE. They actually force us to hate it. We are just dying for ANY continuity. And when its there, we mark out. Stop hot shotting and changing shit 24/7.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And then it leads to the inevitable Big E turn... which could lead to a Big E title run and monster push he finally gets, too. I don't know. If they just took time and booked long term with well thought out stories, fans would invest. I think the talent is so good on WWE they could interchange some of these names and as long as the story made sense, we'd mark out. We all love wrestling.

That's what I don't get about WWE. They actually force us to hate it. We are just dying for ANY continuity. And when its there, we mark out. Stop hot shotting and changing **** 24/7.
no Big E turn, ever, pls.

Kofi would retire before New Day is split, and I'm pretty sure they'd all leave rather than split.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
So basically this weeks programming was about putting over 4 nxt guys, and jobbing Asuka to Mandy 'I guess Eva Marie was busy?' Rose

....its like they want to send people to aew....

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I'd rather see Sonya challenge Asuka for the title than Mandy. She's more of a credible threat imo.

A Sonya/Asuka match, if they let them work strong style, would be really good.

Pretty well anyone is a more credible threat than Mandy rose. But she's blonde and will do photo shoots, so she's probably going over.....

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its like they wanted to showcase wrestling. which makes me happy, but they did it in such a weird way.
Revival vs DIY... f*** yeah. but IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Black vs Almas... f*** yeah, but i feel Almas shouldnt be losing

its so random and something they could be doing with anyone on the roster that isnt being used instead of calling nxt guys.
just like Kofi.... they just realized he can wrestle after 11 years. a PPV of Bryan vs Kofi is good.
they could put so many people in great situations as long as they let them wrestle.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I’m sure there’s an example but I can’t think of it but when was the last time WWE had one of their title matches on a PPV inmediately prior to Mania and had the Mania match be the rematch? Definitely hasn’t happened often so I feel like there’s defintitely gonna be no Kofimania

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m sure there’s an example but I can’t think of it but when was the last time WWE had one of their title matches on a PPV inmediately prior to Mania and had the Mania match be the rematch? Definitely hasn’t happened often so I feel like there’s defintitely gonna be no Kofimania

I think we’re getting KO-Mania. I could also see Zayn.

I doubt they’ll give Wyatt the spot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Yeah, it doesn’t really happen. They go out of their way to make Wrestlemania as fresh as they can.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
So, here's my take on what's going on with Kofi...

Obviously, he wasn't planned to be in the position he's in right now. Ali was supposed to be in the chamber match and bad luck for him to get hurt. The crowd is eating up Kofi right now which is cool.

I'm not a fan of the random throwing-in of a wrestler into a storyline and them taking it over. It's not like Kofi isn't a good wrestler...he's been a dependable worker in that company for a long time. I loved his feud with Orton many years ago. I thought Air Bourne was a fun tag team...and obviously, New Day is a lot of fun.

Considering who is on this roster right now...I wouldn't have pictured Kofi being talked up as an opponent for one of the main titles at WrestleMania. Big E has been the guy who should be the breakout singles star in that group. You see how irrelevant guys like Nakamura and Rusev have become recently and hell, the US title has become irrelevant. You have Owens and Zayn returning soon. Again, it just seems so random to throw Kofi into this big angle in such a short time ahead of Mania. Are they actually booking this because the fans are reacting to Kofi?

I think what messes with me is that Kofi wasn't intended to be in this spot...or at least that's what we hear. I think he's been very good in this position but then you think why haven't they booked him like this sooner? I guess I shouldn't overthink this is and just enjoy it. I just wouldn't have pictured him being the new darling of the fans in just a matter of 10 days. If you told me last summer or fall that Kofi vs. Bryan was the Mania match for the WWE title...I would've probably laughed in your face.

I like Kofi and I'm happy for him, it just feels so random. I'm not against what they've been doing but I guess I'm just not washed away in this groundswell of support.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I am curious to know what the plan for Ali was before he got hurt. I could very easily have seen them doing the final man in the Chamber and then going to Fast Lane route with him just to get him more over.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
As for the NXT Four...cool, I'm glad they're up and being used. But this comes off a bit rushed or random. I want to see a payoff in the Gargano-Ciampa story before they go up. Are we just going to have them be frenemies on the main roster? Are they the new Owens and Zayn meanwhile Owens and Zayn are close to returning?

I never like how they introduce the NXT stars into the main roster unless they put them in a big program right away. Balor's debut on the main roster was really cool. He came in and made a big splash and then they introduced his character a bit. With a guy like Black or Ricochet...I hate them being in non-feuds and you have to suffer through the "let me tell ya about Wrestler X" by Cole or Cory or Renee. If you watch NXT, you don't need the backstory and they never seem to tell their backstory correctly.

These guys should just come in and be made to be relevant right away. Why else bring them up now? I figured the big call-ups wouldn't have happened until after Mania. What exactly are we doing with these guys now? Are they doing a Owens-like thing where they'll still do things on NXT but you'll know about them on main roster shows. Or is this a start of blending all three brands together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad