WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we got Bryan vs Nakamura at the end.
Nakamura low blow him too to lose the match by dq.... lol

im so happy i got to see Bryan live

Oct 18, 2011
Good:
Samoa Joe, best promo in the biz right now.
Nakamura

Bad:
The Iconics everytime they talk
Big Cass, what a waste of Daniel Bryan's talents
Teasing the breakup of English and Rusev, why won't these idiots get behind him?

Reactions: Fro

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good:
Nakamura

Bad:
Teasing the breakup of English and Rusev, why won't these idiots get behind him?
I actually think them breaking them up will be a good thing. As long as they are together they will be a comedy act and often a tag team. Have Rusev cut ties with English, have a quick lopsided feud in Rusev's favor and then give him the singles push as the badass we know he can be with Lana (sans accent) as his manager again.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Good to see Cass still hasn't gotten over his stage fright issues.

... His promo reminds me of that kid in speech class who timed his speech out for 8 minutes and only took 2 because he was nervous as hell and talked a mile a minute.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Good:
Nakamura

Bad:
How is breaking up Rusev and English not getting behind him? If anything, splitting off from English will be better for Rusev moving forward.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
:huh: Cass's promos are better than most guys on SD. He seems much more comfortable talking than when he first started.

I never said his promo was bad, I actually didn't end up adding that I think he has a lot of potential to be a star.

... But he has obvious tells of nervousness when the spotlight is on. It used to be the deer in the headlights look, which he's overcome for the most part, but that promo last night sounded so rushed. It was like he wanted to get out there and get through the script as fast as possible so he could run back to gorilla.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Sadly SDL is a must skip for me these days. Used to look forward to it more than RAW. Read the recap and it looked to be a pretty meh show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's WWE. They like splitting people up for no real reason, usually ending negatively for both.
While I do see mileage in a Rusev babyface run with Aiden as his manager and hype guy, I don’t think Rusev needs Aiden anymore.

It’s Rusev and Rusev Day that is over, not Aiden. Aiden not having his Rusev Day songs anymore won’t really get him the reaction he does since being associated with Rusev. Aiden needs Rusev much more than Rusev needs Aiden.

On that note, Rusev doesn’t need anyone — including Lana. What he needs is to officially turn babyface.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
While I do see mileage in a Rusev babyface run with Aiden as his manager and hype guy, I don’t think Rusev needs Aiden anymore.

It’s Rusev and Rusev Day that is over, not Aiden. Aiden not having his Rusev Day songs anymore won’t really get him the reaction he does since being associated with Rusev. Aiden needs Rusev much more than Rusev needs Aiden.

On that note, Rusev doesn’t need anyone — including Lana. What he needs is to officially turn babyface.
It's more that splitting them up will mean nothing toward any kind of push.

WWE just like splitting acts up for the sake of it, it's never comes with the intent to push anyone once they have split. They end up just spinning wheels and eventually being less over.

But yeah, assuming there is a push English doesn't really make a difference to it. Rusev is where all the talent is. And while having a manager of sorts can be useful, a babyface Lana would be far better.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
theyre probably gonna have Rusev kill Aiden to try to steer him back heel.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm assuming they are pulling the plug on Lana as an in-ring talent, and the natural fit is for her to manage Rusev again.

So, English gotta go.

Reactions: Method Man

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is almost definitely an attempt to kill Rusev Day as they turn him heel again.

It has gotten too over and they don’t want to be forced to push Rusev

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They had Lana wearing a Rusev Day shirt.

They aren’t trying to kill Rusev Day. They are just gonna have Rusev dump English.

Unless you think English is what makes Rusev Day work

Reactions: Method Man

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm assuming they are pulling the plug on Lana as an in-ring talent, and the natural fit is for her to manage Rusev again.

So, English gotta go.
Also with Tamina out she's got nothing

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't think they'd kill Rusev Day. Vince likes money. Rusev Day merch brings in a fair bit of it.

Posted this a few weeks ago but worth a re-post:

"When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you eactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away ause they didn't send enough and at the end of the night they're going "Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk's merchandise." Of course he did! Because you've puprosely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.
We've told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It's Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want."

The source is Konnan. His credibility may be questionable but he does have obvious connections in the business, and with the way they continue to push Roman and pretend he's over, I don't question the truth in this at all.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's like the WWE takes the worst aspects of running a business from the Carnie perspective, and the worst aspects of running a business from a large corporation perspective and combines them both. :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad