Slovan Bratislava 2015/2016

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
There should, at long last, be official news, perhaps even a press conference, today, Wednesday, 1st July 2015.

Still no information, as of this minute, on the line-up, and season tickets still cannot be bought! :amazed:

I hope that given the disaster of the previous season, season ticket prices will drop significantly. I would find anything over €400 for the cheapest season tickets (for new purchasers) obscene.

The season ticket price increase between Slovan's KHL seasons 1 and 3 was obscene, although the team's performance went steadily downhill from season 1 to 3.

you can already buy it, obvious it shows only to last seasonticket holders, and price is cheaper as i read from other austrian who just bought it for 350

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
No word on season tickets sale or prices (for anyone) on Slovan's official website or Facebook profile, and the top "news" item on the English version of Slovan's website (which opens for me by default instead of the Slovak version, for some reason) is, "Slovan beats Jokerit 3-2!" :shakehead The club seems in total disarray as of 1st July 2015. OK, let's hope 2nd July 2015 will launch a complete and miraculous turnaround. :amazed:

loppa*

No word on season tickets sale or prices (for anyone) on Slovan's official website or Facebook profile, and the top "news" item on the English version of Slovan's website (which opens for me by default instead of the Slovak version, for some reason) is, "Slovan beats Jokerit 3-2!" :shakehead The club seems in total disarray as of 1st July 2015. OK, let's hope 2nd July 2015 will launch a complete and miraculous turnaround. :amazed:

They will be okay. I was at their arena a few days ago and things are okay it seems. Btw, I was in the fan shop. It is small but now is the time to buy over there as things are on sale. I bought a red white blue Slovakia scarf for 13 euros.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
yes, but you have to be fair, it is slovak team and slovakian language part was always uptodate. i read only this, translator is quiet good understandable...
and as long it is not official ticket marketing is not shouted out, i expect thursday after expected press meeting..
and as i mentioned before, existing permant holders from 14/15 can already buy 15/16, after login at their ticketportal.sk account. another austrian just did buy it for 350 €...
...yes and barker also is rumoured to stay, i liked him although he came during the demoralizing phase end december :)

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Riha as head coach, budget of €12 million (which is about the same as last season), but some of that budget has to go on paying players/coach from last season, so we can look forward to an even worse team than last year :laugh:

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
wow. tickets price dropped surprisingly good.
single ticket already from 12 € (best buy), child 8 €, permanent from 290 (existing holders from last season), starting from 3.july..

Now an adult ticket costs as much as a beer and a season ticket as much a single game ticket for a NY Rangers game. Great news :D

CHkYAZKXAAAOhP3.jpg

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Not with Garnett's salary and Slovan's budget. Just wouldn't make sense to invest that much in goalies when one is enough to carry the team.

He has got a point here. Garnett is a very good starter, a normal backup should do the job just fine. Don't they maybe wanna try the young Denis Godla kid? He could be a solid reliever for Garnett. Money can be spent more wisely on defense maybe to help the goalie out.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do not think that Backlund & Janus were much cheaper. ;)

You seriously believe two below 0.9 goalies one of whom is too bad for the SHL aren't much cheaper than duo made of one of KHL's biggest goaltending stars and statistically strongest goalies? Dear sir, give your head a shake, please. Garnett alone might easily cost as much as two of those bums combined. You do realize his salary in Chelyabinsk reportedly was 1.7 mil dollars, right?

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
You seriously believe two below 0.9 goalies one of whom is too bad for the SHL aren't much cheaper than duo made of one of KHL's biggest goaltending stars and statistically strongest goalies? Dear sir, give your head a shake, please. Garnett alone might easily cost as much as two of those bums combined. You do realize his salary in Chelyabinsk reportedly was 1.7 mil dollars, right?
Don't underestimate Backlund, he was actually our best player when not injured last season. I am not saying Garnett must essentially be cheaper, but I believe the biggest wage Slovan have ever given to a player was 60k€/month for Radivojevič. So Garnett must have definitely gone down with his requirements substantially.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
or more.

brust was supposed to be there along cam barker, or so his agent claimed on twitter

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
finally our defense grows to 2 players. ;-)
mihalik and starosta just extended for 1 year.
and winger rastislav spirko also was just contracted

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England

I actually thought that Backlund did a solid enough job for Slovan, especially at the start of the season. By no means is he a top-KHL calibre goaltender, but was not the team's weak link by any stretch of the imagination. Could only do so much with that shocking defence in front of him.

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Are Sersen and Baranka likely to extend their contracts with Slovan? I would think it is important for you guys to have them back.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Pretty sure he should be considered as a center after last 2 seasons.

I actually thought that Backlund did a solid enough job for Slovan, especially at the start of the season. By no means is he a top-KHL calibre goaltender, but was not the team's weak link by any stretch of the imagination. Could only do so much with that shocking defence in front of him.

True as it may be he obviously came to Slovan on the cheap since his reputation was pretty bad.

loppa*

finally our defense grows to 2 players. ;-)
mihalik and starosta just extended for 1 year.

Luza is also signed... he split last season between slovan and b.bistrica.

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Jeglic, Tičar and Nedorost extend their contracts, also Svarny signs with Slovan according to Slovan's twitter account. Your team is starting to take shape guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad