GDT: Slovakia vs Latvia 7 20 PM CET, 8 20 PM EET

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Finally, after 26 years (since Latvia was promoted) we beat Latvia at the World Championships. The last team that was unbeaten against us in this tournament. Until now.
You are joking!! Never beat them before? The Czech Republic never lost against them, 17 wins, one draw (well, 18 wins as we won in OT or on penalties after that 1-1 draw). Slovakia is not far off the Czechs quality-wise, I cannot imagine they really never beat them before?!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
You are joking!! Never beat them before? The Czech Republic never lost against them, 17 wins, one draw (well, 18 wins as we won in OT or on penalties after that 1-1 draw). Slovakia is not far off the Czechs quality-wise, I cannot imagine they really never beat them before?!

I'm guessing Slovakia and Latvia haven't met many times, particulary back when Slovakia was in it's prime. I say this because I remember Sweden and Latvia pretty much always being in the same group back in the day, but Sweden and Slovakia typically being in different groups.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I'm guessing Slovakia and Latvia haven't met many times, particulary back when Slovakia was in it's prime. I say this because I remember Sweden and Latvia pretty much always being in the same group back in the day, but Sweden and Slovakia typically being in different groups.
Ah, good point, might just be down to a limited number of games between the two teams.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Boy, does that Canada team suck ass. Worst team in decades, with the only player to seem engaged and on a high level being Fantilli. I used to have high hopes for this team and thought they might actually nominate a really strong team this year, but good Lord, is this team awful.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I do remember one of our best on best rosters going to OT with them. Krejci with the winner and me with a mild stroke during OT.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad