U20: Slovakia vs. Czech Republic - Triple Header

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I missed the first period, but from what I could tell Chromiak, Stacha, Golian and Kaslik were the best Slovak players, although I'm not sure why Stacha isn't playing more minutes. Slafkovsky again, for a 16 year old, was good. Nice to see him score a goal.

I think it's worth remembering half this Slovak team consists of players born in 02 or younger. The Czech team has more guys born in 01. Not that I think the Slovaks would match them if they were a year older, but they should at least be better than they are currently.

Reactions: Outofbodyinhungary

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I missed the first period, but from what I could tell Chromiak, Stacha, Golian and Kaslik were the best Slovak players, although I'm not sure why Stacha isn't playing more minutes. Slafkovsky again, for a 16 year old, was good. Nice to see him score a goal.

I think it's worth remembering half this Slovak team consists of players born in 02 or younger. The Czech team has more guys born in 01. Not that I think the Slovaks would match them if they were a year older, but they should at least be better than they are currently.
Chromiak looked totally invisible to me, except for some bad plays. Slafkovsky was the best forward which is sad, but good :sarcasm::laugh: And he scored the only goal

Reactions: hellwar9

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Chromiak looked totally invisible to me, except for some bad plays. Slafkovsky was the best forward which is sad, but good :sarcasm::laugh: And he scored the only goal

I guess I just had my eyes set on him. Didn't exactly do anything noteworthy, but overall from what I could gather from these three games, his speed, skill and release sets him apart from other Slovaks. I can defenitely see why he projects as a 2nd round pick. He defenitely looks better than Cajkovic, who was a 3rd round pick, and who is a year older.

However, Stacha remains my under the radar favourite. If he somehow doesn't get drafted this year, he shouldn't go unnoticed next year after a season in the WHL.

Kaslik was better than I was expecting based on his SuperElit numbers. He defenitely looks better than Jellus, who is a year older and scores a lot more in the same league. He's ranked #248 overall by Future considerations. Not impossible that he could sneak in and get picked in the 6th or 7th round. All it takes is one scout to like him.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Knazko was badly missed. He’s a leader on the back line. A few players failed their audition for wjc and if petrovicky has any backbone he would not include the following 2001 born players in roster:

- Turansky
-Melcher
-Gajdos
-Jellus
-Beno

I am sorry but they could not compete at WJC level at all.
Jan Lasak was pleasant surprise throughout the 3 games.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Good series Czech friends. The fact that slovaks could only score 3 goals over the course of 3 games is simply embarrassing. The goal scoring and powerplay is very concerning. I don’t care if myklukha is small, he is 10x more skill and hockey iq than bigger 2001 born players.
Cajkovic needs to become a leader on this team rather than think he is “the guy” without actually doing anything.

Reactions: hellwar9

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Didn't see this thread until it was over. Man oh man, I saw only game 2 and 3.

Cajkovic is a bust. The guy is the next Patrik Koys. I can't remember when he actually showed up. I don't care that these games were just friendlies, he has shown a zero leadership.

Turansky is just plain terrible. I actually made an effort to check out the roster on szlh.sk. Is it too much to expect only players on the national team that can skate and control the puck at the same time?

Reactions: Outofbodyinhungary

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Didn't see this thread until it was over. Man oh man, I saw only game 2 and 3.

Cajkovic is a bust. The guy is the next Patrik Koys. I can't remember when he actually showed up. I don't care that these games were just friendlies, he has shown a zero leadership.

Turansky is just plain terrible. I actually made an effort to check out the roster on szlh.sk. Is it too much to expect only players on the national team that can skate and control the puck at the same time?
Kidna showed up 2 years ago, when he ended up second in points after J.Hughes at U18 WJC. He is not a leader and probably won't ever be a first line NHL player. Max just needs some players that are "above" him on the team and then I believe he will be much more useful. There is potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad