GDT: Slovakia - USA

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I was pondering putting some bets down on the tourney this year. Good thing I didn't, I'd be losing my shirt by now. :laugh:
Actually, if someone is smart enough to bet on goals scored by "bad" teams or handicaps on them, he is making the bank. I think the odds were ~2.5 today for Slovakia not losing by more than 3.

Other than Austria getting crushed in every game, other "baddies" are overachieving fairly consistently.

Mar 12, 2009
Looked close to a slew foot, probably would have seemed like one on the ice. No problem with him sticking up for his teammate, just gotta hope he hasn't taken himself out of a game going forward.

I did find Button's analysis funny; if that's a big Canadian against a small Euro, 9/10 he's boo hooing about size difference.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Went out and saw way of Water with the wifey. Fully expected team USA to walk over Team Slovakia. Well surprises of surprises Team USA and Team Canada the big Dogs of this Tourny got bit

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Something NO ONE wants.
Agreed! I would prefer Sweden. Even if Sweden and Czechia have the best goalies so far I feel like Kulich with the Czech D are a level above Sweden in this tournament when the playoffs get's going.
Canada are still the favorites. Bedard looks like he could score in every shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad