Maroš Grošaft (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Libor Hudáček (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Samuel Mlynarovič (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Andrej Å ťastný (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Michael Vandas (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Adam Lapšanský (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 1990
František Gerhát (HC Benzina Litvínov/CZE) 1990
Tomáš Tatar (Grand Rapid Griffins/AHL) 1990 drafted by Detroit, 2009, 2nd round
Richard Pánik (Windsor Spitfires/OHL) 1991 drafted by Tampa Bay, 2009, 2nd round
Marek Viedenský (Prince George Cougars/WHL) 1990 drafted by San Jose, 2009, 7th round
Andrej Kudrna (Vancouver Giants/WHL) 1991
Radoslav Illo (Tri City Storm/USHL) drafted by Anaheim,2009, 5th round
Cut: Martin Uhnák (HK Orange 20) -90, Ján Sýkora (HK Orange 20) -90, Lukáš Cingel (HK Orange 20) -92

Team Slovakia will be joined by the 6 NA based players next week and have a short training camp in Prince Albert, they will play 2 exhibition games, against Austria on December 20th and Saskatchewan Huskies of the CIS on December 22nd. Afterwards one more D and one more F will be cut from the team.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
No Marek Hrivik?

I believe this has been answered elsewhere. Slovakia has a pretty good set of forwards this year, being in the CHL or being pretty good in the CHL doesn't automatically give you a spot. Taking into account the top line from last year, plus the top line from HK Orange 20, plus guys that have stood out this year in North America and the Czech Republic, there isn't much room after that for Hrivik or Majdan. If you are a Dman, that is probably a different story.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
I'm expecting Panik to have a strong tournament.

He's been impressive in Windsor (points aside).

I agree. This last couple of weeks he has really come into his own. It took a bit of adjusting for him but he looks much more comfortable out there right now.

I'm expecting Panik's stock to rise after this tournament is over with.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Marek Čiliak (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Tomáš Halász (HC Košice/SVK) 1990
Tomáš Pék (HC Slovan Bratislava Jr./SVK Jr.) 1991

Ivan Jankovič
(HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Martin Marinčin (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1992
Matúš Rais (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Michal Šiška (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Henrich Jaborník (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Peter Hraško (HKM Zvolen/HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Martin Å tajnoch (HC Slovan Bratislava/SVK) 1990
Adam Jánošík (Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL) 1992
Cut: Peter Slimák (HC Košice/HK Orange 20) -90

Martin Bakoš (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Jakub GaÅ¡parovič (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Maroš Grošaft (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Libor Hudáček (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Samuel Mlynarovič (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1990
Andrej Å ťastný (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Michael Vandas (HK Orange 20/SVK) 1991
Adam Lapšanský (HK ŠKP Poprad/SVK) 1990
František Gerhát (HC Benzina Litvínov/CZE) 1990
Tomáš Tatar (Grand Rapid Griffins/AHL) 1990 drafted by Detroit, 2009, 2nd round
Richard Pánik (Windsor Spitfires/OHL) 1991 drafted by Tampa Bay, 2009, 2nd round
Marek Viedenský (Prince George Cougars/WHL) 1990 drafted by San Jose, 2009, 7th round
Andrej Kudrna (Vancouver Giants/WHL) 1991
Radoslav Illo (Tri City Storm/USHL) drafted by Anaheim,2009, 5th round
Cut: Martin Uhnák (HK Orange 20) -90, Ján Sýkora (HK Orange 20) -90, Lukáš Cingel (HK Orange 20) -92

Team Slovakia will be joined by the 6 NA based players next week and have a short training camp in Prince Albert, they will play 2 exhibition games, against Austria on December 20th and Saskatchewan Huskies of the CIS on December 22nd. Afterwards one more D and one more F will be cut from the team.

Mlynarovic, Vandas or Gerhat over Jan Sykora? I could not have believed my eyes when I read it, Sykora is prototypical checker who would be especially useful on small ice in Canada while Mlynarovic or Vandas bring little on ice. It´s a big shock for me. Sykora is big, physical, high energy winger with very limited skills, I really like his competitiveness and character.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Mlynarovic, Vandas or Gerhat over Jan Sykora? I could not have believed my eyes when I read it, Sykora is prototypical checker who would be especially useful on small ice in Canada while Mlynarovic or Vandas bring little on ice. It´s a big shock for me. Sykora is big, physical, high energy winger with very limited skills, I really like his competitiveness and character.

Well, Mlynarovic is not the best skater and big player, but has that great hockey sense and positioning at both ends and he is a center. There are very few centers in this team- Viedensky, Mlynarovic, Stastny, Grosaft, so no wonder he is there.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Slovakia lost 6-2 to the University of Saskatchewan Huskies this evening. The Huskies must be feeling pretty good about themselves having defeated Canada and Slovakia within a week. Forward Andrew Bailey scored three times for the Huskies.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Who is Czechs best Defensemen and who will lead in points out of the whole team?

Considering the thread, perhaps you meant Slovak. I would say the best defenseman is Martin Stajnoch. He came very close to getting drafted this past year and has spent the year with Slovan Bratislava and HK Orange 20. He has both defensive and offensive upside. There are questions about his conditioning. Matus Rais is another useful defender. Also the youngster Marincin is a standout.

Tomas Tatar will most likely lead this team in his points. He did very well at the tournament last year, and is currently doing very well as the youngest player in the AHL.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Final cuts have been made to team Slovakia. Gone is Gatineau defenseman Adam Janosik and Red Deer forward Andrej Kudrna. Mikes added that neither player disappointed, it is just that there wasn't room for them in his overall plan for the team. As Mikes pointed out, both can come back next year and try again to make the team. I am pleased that Mikes didn't cut Panik. :)

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Final cuts have been made to team Slovakia. Gone is Gatineau defenseman Adam Janosik and Red Deer forward Andrej Kudrna. Mikes added that neither player disappointed, it is just that there wasn't room for them in his overall plan for the team. As Mikes pointed out, both can come back next year and try again to make the team. I am pleased that Mikes didn't cut Panik. :)

What does that leave in the way of CHL players on the roster?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Where do you have this info from? I just checked the federations websites and there was nothing. And, well Janosik still has teo year left, I think the D would have been just too young with all the 91/92 borns and I thought one of them would go, I´m just happy it wasn´t Hraško, cause I had this feeling it would be him.

2nd exhibition game btw ended 6-2 for the Saskatchewan huskies, both Slovak goals coming in the 2nd when already 4-0 down, scored by Pánik and Illo. Halász let in 4 goals from 14 shots, Čiliak another 2 from 13 shots. czechexpert is absolutely right about the goalies. Meanwhile Slovakia had 37 shots in the game, if I am counting right.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
What does that leave in the way of CHL players on the roster?

Richard Pánik
Marek Viedenský

well only 2 in the end, however there still is Illo from the USHL and Tatar from the AHL. Plus there are 2 forwards from Slovak/Czech Extraliga teams each in Gerhát/Lapšanský, who both are 90´s with their last chance to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad