GDT: Slovakia - Norway

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Slovakia needs 3 points to remain in QF contention. Norway can still overtake Slovakia if they take 3 points, but 5th place is the best they can get.

SVK lineup

Regenda - Hrivík - Pánik
Cehlárik - Hudáček - Kelemen
Kudrna - Sukeľ - Lantoši
Tamáši - Čacho - Lunter

Nemec - Koch
Ivan - Grman
Kňažko - Rosandič
Jánošík - Gajdoš

Škorvánek
Hlavaj

Chromiak scratched again :facepalm:

NOR lineup

33HAUKELAND HenrikGK
31ARNTZEN JonasGK

LINE 1
76LILLEBERG EmilD
2HANSEN IsakD
23BERG-PAULSEN ThomasF
37VIKINGSTAD MarkusF
18OLSEN ThomasF
LINE 2
4JOHANNESEN JohannesD
16ENGELAND ANDERSEN Ole EinarD
40OLIMB Ken AndreF
8TRETTENES MathiasF
27MARTINSEN AndreasF
LINE 3
43KROGDAHL MaxD
49KAASASTUL ChristianD
13OLDEN SondreF
85HAGA MichaelF
17SALSTEN EirikF
LINE 4
12STEEN NoahF
20HOFF LudvigF
19SALSTEN HavardF
42VESTERHEIM PetterF

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wouldn't say Norway is getting dominated, they are just letting Slovakia convert everything they have.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Norway will be gassed from the Canada game. Easy win for Slovakia. (My prediction would have been a Slovakia win even if Norway were at their very best, so this is a no-brainer.)

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Reminds me of last year's game against Denmark where we also had to win. Denmark was coming off a win against Canada, but were playing back to back and didn't have the legs. We won that game 7-1.

Norway also beat Canada yesterday

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Well, it's going to be one heck of a game against the Swiss this evening. Have to prepare my vocal chords.

Reactions: Czechboy

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Norway will be gassed from the Canada game. Easy win for Slovakia. (My prediction would have been a Slovakia win even if Norway were at their very best, so this is a no-brainer.)
It's especially a no-brainer since they were already 3-0 up by the time you made that prediction 😄

Reactions: wmupreds

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
It's especially a no-brainer since they were already 3-0 up by the time you made that prediction 😄
Fair point 😀. But I did already think it would be an easy Slovak win after the end of the Nor - Can game. Didn’t exactly predict 3-0 after 15 minutes, but thought it would be leisurely as opposed to a very tight game.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As long as Slovakia doesn't score 4th on the counter-attack this does feel like a pretty tight game still.. Norway needs that goal though, I don't think they are gonna have much juice left for 3rd.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
These refs are more vocal than the announcers. "Get it out, get it out". The hell are they trying to do there ya think.

Good pushback by the Slovaks in the 2nd half of the 2nd though.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Good pushback by the Slovaks in the 2nd half of the 2nd though.

Yeah, they remain on the top of things for now.

What I don't understand is why haven't we gone back to the PP unit that worked well against Canada. It got broken up because of Cehlarik's injury, but now he's back. Instead we are playing with a line that can't get it done.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Norway HAS NOT scored a goal in the 3rd period in this WC. That's just crazy.

Kasastul is such a turnover machine, Norwegian coach has nerves of steel to play him as much as he does.

Reactions: Chainshot

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Few years ago I remember how pair of SVK D-man easily converted 2-1 rush. Now I'm quite happy if forwards are able at least to make a shot on goal on such opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad