Slovakia announces Final Roster (although may change tommorow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
DR said:
the best ? hardly and how do you figure ?

Canada lines up with
Gagne - Thornton - Nash
Smyth - Morrison - Heatly
Maltby - Draper - Doan
Fisher - Marleau - Morrow

Slovakia isnt even close when it comes to line composition. Sure they have a few flashy floaters, but thats it.

dr

DR

Tell me. What is it like to be a homer?

matys

Jul 30, 2002
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
Well, the lines yesterday were:

Satan-Stumpel-Palffy
Nagy-Demitra-Hossa

But Nagy is defintely OUT, so I dont know who will now be the 2nd LW.

But you are right: Stumpel-Palffy will be together for sure.

Coach Hossa said the top 3 lines will be:

Zednik-Stumpel-Palffy
Bartecko-Handzus-Satan
Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa

the 4th line will be decided later.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
DR said:
the best ? hardly and how do you figure ?

Canada lines up with
Gagne - Thornton - Nash
Smyth - Morrison - Heatly
Maltby - Draper - Doan
Fisher - Marleau - Morrow

Slovakia isnt even close when it comes to line composition. Sure they have a few flashy floaters, but thats it.

You call THAT a better offensive line-up?!? Get a grip on reality, man... :shakehead

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
matys said:

Zednik-Stumpel-Palffy
Bartecko-Handzus-Satan
Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa

And how looks the line-up in Defense?

Chara Lintner
Visnovsky Strbak
Majesky Suchy
Granak
:confused: is that right??

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
VAN-HAB said:
you don't really know your hockey, do you? BOS-MON last 2 playoffs????????????
I was watching a recap of the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals, and Zednik was prominent in that too (from a Caps perspective), as a rookie.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Damn, Obsut was one of my favorite players, too.

I'd say that's a pretty good lineup, though.. It'll depend on how the defense and Lasak plays.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Crossroads said:
Zednik a playoff monster? Since when?

He had 8 points in 4 games against Boston in 2001-2002 before being beheaded by McLaren.

Last year he scored the winner and added an empty netter in Game 7 against Boston.

Isn't that enough?

NewHabsEra*

fredez said:
He had 8 points in 4 games against Boston in 2001-2002 before being beheaded by McLaren.

Last year he scored the winner and added an empty netter in Game 7 against Boston.

Isn't that enough?

He was a force in the 2001-2002 playoffs.. But since then, Zednik doesnt play the game with the same efficiency.. He is'nt the same player at all... Kovalev and Koivu were his linemates last playoffs, I personnally think Zednik was'nt a factor.

He will have to play the game with fire again like he did 3 years ago.. If not, he will be passed in the depth chart by wingers like Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Ryder and maybe Hossa!

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
matys said:

Zednik-Stumpel-Palffy
Bartecko-Handzus-Satan
Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa

That is crap. Move the third line to the 1st line position, second line to third, and 1st line to second.

Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa
Zednik-Stumpel-Palffy
Bartecko-Handzus-Satan

The only problem is that there is no physicalilty outside of Handzus. If Canada plays to their full potential, the Slovaks are gonna be crushed in the physical department.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Obsut was always better than Vydareny when I saw them with the Moose and I find it hard to believe Rene has gotten THAT much better in the last season. His supposed "improved play" did not show in his stats in the Slovak league while Obsut was an elite defender in the superior SEL. I've been impressed with Obsut for a few years now. He should be a top 4 defender on Slovakias Olympic team nevermind worldcup. I suspect injury or some other unknown issues are the reason for Obsuts omission.

Too bad about Nagy too, but with or without Nagy and Obsut Slovakia truly looks like a Gold Medal threat. Probably more so now than ever.

Ross MacLochness

Aug 12, 2004
Toronto
NewHabsArea said:
He was a force in the 2001-2002 playoffs.. But since then, Zednik doesnt play the game with the same efficiency.. He is'nt the same player at all... Kovalev and Koivu were his linemates last playoffs, I personnally think Zednik was'nt a factor.

He wasn't bad at all last playoffs. But all three of those guys played pretty hurt so you never know. But Zednik definitely plays his best when he's pissed off. See: 2002 playoffs.

Brent Burns Beard