WC: Slovakia 2024 roster talk.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Marinčin has a cracked vertebra and the season is over for him. Bad news for Třinec and the national team.

• Wow
Reactions: Czechboy

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Mešár and Dvorský will not be called, they are saying 2 weeks before tournament is too little for giving chance to youngsters... nonsene.. Mešár has already 2 year experience with senior hockey and with Hrivík injured and likely playing no game until WCH and our overall lack of quality on C (and Krištof in KHL, so hes not available) saying no to Dvorský, our best prospect right now, after season he had is just nuts..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Mešár and Dvorský will not be called, they are saying 2 weeks before tournament is too little for giving chance to youngsters... nonsene.. Mešár has already 2 year experience with senior hockey and with Hrivík injured and likely playing no game until WCH and our overall lack of quality on C (and Krištof in KHL, so hes not available) saying no to Dvorský, our best prospect right now, after season he had is just nuts..
Slovakia has a similar 'black hole' age gap in talent like the Czechs. We don't have much between the ages of 20 and 28. Combining the vets with the future stars is the way to go IMO. Be glad Jiricek and Slaf were good enough to be good NHL players and weren't sent to the AHL playoffs like Jiricek and Kulich (who they obviously outplayed this season).

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Slovakia has a similar 'black hole' age gap in talent like the Czechs. We don't have much between the ages of 20 and 28. Combining the vets with the future stars is the way to go IMO. Be glad Jiricek and Slaf were good enough to be good NHL players and weren't sent to the AHL playoffs like Jiricek and Kulich (who they obviously outplayed this season).
You mean Nemec and Slaf ;)

It is weird. It's not like we had to have him running the first PP unit.

Reactions: Czechboy

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Regenda confirmed.. great addition, lets hope for quick elimination of Capitals and healthy Fehy.
Černák would be grat too, but i think series with Panthers is going to be long and he migh again have some minor injury that will prevent him from participating if Tampa gets eliminated.

Last edited:

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
our gap is even bigger, 2010s especially were extremely poor from us in terms of draft or even producing some decent euro players..
but over the last 5 years there is emergence of solid and good players (that hasnt been drafted) like Kelemen, Regenda, Okuliar, Myklukha, Jedlička, Bučko, Kašlík, Golian, Koch, Ivan etc.
also Pospíšil already in NHL, Demek, Chromiak, Studenič and Kňažko could also became great players, maybe not all of them in NHL but definetly in europe and for NT.
and of course, there are recent drafts with lots of talented players and even some that also hasnt been drafted and have solid potential like Nátny, Kmec or Repčík.

we just have to wait couple years, but i think its matter of time when we can start talk about medals and having something like 10-15 players in NHL.

Last edited:

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Why? Do you think, that Dvorsky and Mesar are better players, as are players now in team? Or will be after some new guys will arive?
I don't know about Mesar, he has stagnated a bit, but yes, Dvorsky as the 13th forward or on the 3rd or 4th line.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
our gap is even bigger, 2010s especially were extremely poor from us in terms of draft or even producing some decent euro players..
but over the last 5 years there is emergence of solid and good players (that hasnt been drafted) like Kelemen, Regenda, Okuliar, Myklukha, Jedlička, Bučko, Kašlík, Golian, Koch, Ivan etc.
also Pospíšil already in NHL, Demek, Chromiak, Studenič and Kňažko could also became great players, maybe not in NHL but definetly in europe and for NT.
and of course, there are recent drafts with lots of talented players and even some that also hasnt been drafted and have solid potential like Nátny, Kmec or Repčík.

we just have to wait couple years, but i think its matter of time when we can start talk about medals and having something like 10-15 players in NHL.
That window is coming sooner than we think IMO. In 2 or 3 years, our young NHLers will have gained enough experience to become leaders.

Also, if we want to get technical, we already have 10 - 15 players in the NHL. 11 Slovaks have played in the NHL this season (though it seems like Ruzicka, Koch and Studenic are out for next season but we'll see who else comes up).

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
That window is coming sooner than we think IMO. In 2 or 3 years, our young NHLers will have gained enough experience to become leaders.

Also, if we want to get technical, we already have 10 - 15 players in the NHL. 11 Slovaks have played in the NHL this season (though it seems like Ruzicka, Koch and Studenic are out for next season but we'll see who else comes up).
well i meant NHL regulars not fringe players that are shutlling between AHL/NHL.

this season we had 6, with Tatar being 33 and without contract right now.

i think the likes of Dvorský, Honzek, Štrbák, Sýkora and Mešár have good chance to be there in 2-4 years. (Dvorský probably making debut next season with his talent and progression)

Demek might be similar suprise like Pospíšil, great workrate, solid defensively, he might be good bottom 6 player for Vegas.

rest is also talented, but there are too many question marks right now.

Reactions: jcbio11

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
well i meant NHL regulars not fringe players that are shutlling between AHL/NHL.

this season we had 6, with Tatar being 33 and without contract right now.

i think the likes of Dvorský, Honzek, Štrbák, Sýkora and Mešár have good chance to be there in 2-4 years. (Dvorský probably making debut next season with his talent and progression)

Demek might be similar suprise like Pospíšil, great workrate, solid defensively, he might be good bottom 6 player for Vegas.

rest is also talented, but there are too many question marks right now.
I was also high on Mesar after his draft, but now I'm leaning towards no NHL for him in his future.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
I was also high on Mesar after his draft, but now I'm leaning towards no NHL for him in his future.
He has all abilities talent wise to be there, he just need consitency and probably sort some things out in his head.
I think the fact he wasnt in AHL already from the beginning has something to do with it.
For first half of the season he had great ppg production, in the juniors he was also fantastic.. since then something happened and he dropped.. but in PO it was again same old Filip.
He is just not that mentaly strong as Slaf, he needs some time to acclimitate and feel that he is needed.
Thats why i think not giving him even chance right now is massive mistake, he had great PO run, is definitely better than Kusko and Kukuča for instance, it would be great boost for him mentally and first experience with senior NT.. even if he wouldnt make final roster.

Fruhauf is having more and more power with selecting rosters, tactics etc and it shows.. last years WCH was great proof of that, massive drop in playing quality, horrendous PPs, terrible defence without any movement or energy and absolutely weird nominations and excuses that are total opposite of what we were doing in first years of Ramsays tenure.

Last edited:

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
He has all abilities talent wise to be there, he just need consitency and probably sort some things out in his head.
I think the fact he wasnt in AHL already from the beginning has something to do with it.
For first half of the season he had great ppg production, in the juniors he was also fantastic.. since then something happened and he dropped.. but in PO it was again same old Filip.
He is just not that mentaly strong as Slaf, he needs some time to acclimitate and feel that he is needed.
Thats why i think not giving him even chance right now is massive mistake, he had great PO run, is definitely better than Kusko and Kukuča for instance, it would be great boost for him mentally and first experience with senior NT.. even if he wouldnt make final roster.

Fruhauf is having more and more power with selecting rosters, tactics etc and it shows.. last years WCH was great proof of that, massive drop in playing quality, horrendous PPs, terrible defence without any movement or energy and absolutely weird nominations and excuses that are total opposite of what we were doing in first years of Ramsays tenure.
I'll more than gladly eat a crow if that is the case with Mesar, you've certainly done your scouting homework on him so I'll take your word for it.

The slovakian team is expecting Tomas Tatar to come. The slovaks are beginning to scramble together a really good squad this year.
Damn right they are. Medal or bust.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022

You must have some insider information which no one apart you has. Would be great to hear about the source of your knowledge.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Tatar - Hrivík - Cehlárik
Slafkovský - Hudáček - Pospíšil M.
Dano - Lantoši - Regenda
Okuliar - Gríger - Chromiak

Koch - Nemec
Kňažko - Čerešňák
Ivan - Grman

Hlavaj, Škorvánek, Tomek

Reactions: kudla

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Tatar - Hrivík - Cehlárik
Slafkovský - Hudáček - Pospíšil M.
Dano - Lantoši - Regenda
Okuliar - Gríger - Chromiak

Koch - Nemec
Kňažko - Čerešňák
Ivan - Grman

Hlavaj, Škorvánek, Tomek
Sukel is the 4th line C

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Reactions: Playmaker82

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Nice. Then Slovakia will get at least two very good lines this time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad