WC: Slovakia 2024 roster talk.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
so after last year disappointment ending already in group, i think this year Ramsay and Šatan would like to get best possible roster.. its also probably last tournament for Ramsay so i feel many players would like to come, with us also playing in Ostrava which means home enviroment, that is going to be factor too.

we can already exclude KHL players, Krištof and Čajkovský are going to be hard to replace, rest of the players there are solid but nothing we desperately need.

from NHL it looks now for Slaf, Nemec, Fehérváry, Pospíšil and Tatar... Ružička is obviously out of the picture with current situation.. Tatar is without contract but he was always happy to represent Slovakia and with his age and all of those points i made at the beggining he might still join us.. Černák with Tampa also might be out in 1round, he would be huge boost for our defense, but i dont count him yet.

from AHL i see 6 interesthing names, for offense Studenič, Sýkora, Regenda and Kelemen.. i personally would love Studenič, Sýkora and Regenda.. but all three Studenič, Regenda and Kelemen are also in their last year of the contract.. so we will see.. for defense Koch and Kňažko.. both would be great additions.

from Europe i think in terms of offense are players like Hrivík and Cehlárik lock, they are our best players for couple years now.. in Czech extraliga we have also many options like Lantoši, Okuliar, Hudáček, Daňo, Pánik, Gríger and Pospíšil.
i would love to see maybe even Buček, Myklukha, Kašlík or Baláž from our extraliga.. at least one.

defenders from czechia Marinčin, Čerešňák, Ivan and Grman..

goalies Hlavaj and Škorvánek, they were both good last year, so i dont think we need change here.. and with Rybár and Húska in KHL, they are our best available goalies right now.

my ideal roster with some realism and some wishes

Tatar - Hrivík - Cehlárik
Slafkovský - Hudáček - Pospíšil M.
Pánik - Lantoši - Studenič
Okuliar - Gríger - Regenda
Buček, Myklukha

Marinčin - Nemec
Fehérváry - Čerešňák
Kňažko - Koch
Ivan - Grman

Hlavaj, Škorvánek

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
so after last year disappointment ending already in group, i think this year Ramsay and Šatan would like to get best possible roster.. its also probably last tournament for Ramsay so i feel many players would like to come, with us also playing in Ostrava which means home enviroment, that is going to be factor too.

we can already exclude KHL players, Krištof and Čajkovský are going to be hard to replace, rest of the players there are solid but nothing we desperately need.

from NHL it looks now for Slaf, Nemec, Fehérváry, Pospíšil and Tatar... Ružička is obviously out of the picture with current situation.. Tatar is without contract but he was always happy to represent Slovakia and with his age and all of those points i made at the beggining he might still join us.. Černák with Tampa also might be out in 1round, he would be huge boost for our defense, but i dont count him yet.

from AHL i see 6 interesthing names, for offense Studenič, Sýkora, Regenda and Kelemen.. i personally would love Studenič, Sýkora and Regenda.. but all three Studenič, Regenda and Kelemen are also in their last year of the contract.. so we will see.. for defense Koch and Kňažko.. both would be great additions.

from Europe i think in terms of offense are players like Hrivík and Cehlárik lock, they are our best players for couple years now.. in Czech extraliga we have also many options like Lantoši, Okuliar, Hudáček, Daňo, Pánik, Gríger and Pospíšil.
i would love to see maybe even Buček, Myklukha, Kašlík or Baláž from our extraliga.. at least one.

defenders from czechia Marinčin, Čerešňák, Ivan and Grman..

goalies Hlavaj and Škorvánek, they were both good last year, so i dont think we need change here.. and with Rybár and Húska in KHL, they are our best available goalies right now.

my ideal roster with some realism and some wishes

Tatar - Hrivík - Cehlárik
Slafkovský - Hudáček - Pospíšil M.
Pánik - Lantoši - Studenič
Okuliar - Gríger - Regenda
Buček, Myklukha

Marinčin - Nemec
Fehérváry - Čerešňák
Kňažko - Koch
Ivan - Grman

Hlavaj, Škorvánek
How about some of the guys playing juniors? I don’t follow how their teams are doing, but if they are available, should Dvorsky, Mesar get a look?

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
How about some of the guys playing juniors? I don’t follow how their teams are doing, but if they are available, should Dvorsky, Mesar get a look?
Dvorský maybe, as he is C and we lack depth there.. it would be interesting to see him in seniors, many people were dissapointed that he wasnt there last year already.
I am not going to be mad if he is going to make roster and Myklukha for example not.

our depth is growing which is great, because then we can have those conversations which player to take and still left out some interesting names.

there are lots of players from 2022 and 2023 draft years that will be core to our NT in the future, i still believe in Martin Chromiak and Jakub Demek from AHL, but theire progres this year was not what i expected, especially in Chromiak case.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Dvorský maybe, as he is C and we lack depth there.. it would be interesting to see him in seniors, many people were dissapointed that he wasnt there last year already.
I am not going to be mad if he is going to make roster and Myklukha for example not.

our depth is growing which is great, because then we can have those conversations which player to take and still left out some interesting names.

there are lots of players from 2022 and 2023 draft years that will be core to our NT in the future, i still believe in Martin Chromiak and Jakub Demek from AHL, but theire progres this year was not what i expected, especially in Chromiak case.
I mean, Ramsay has not been afraid to give opportunities to these young players. I would expect at least Dvorsky to get a long look, if available. It makes sense to start integrating these talented young guys into the NT early, with an eye towards the future (OG qualifiers next year, OG in 26).

Reactions: Eye of Ra

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
I mean, Ramsay has not been afraid to give opportunities to these young players. I would expect at least Dvorsky to get a long look, if available. It makes sense to start integrating these talented young guys into the NT early, with an eye towards the future (OG qualifiers next year, OG in 26).
Dvorský has a chance, hes very talented and like i said we lack depth on C so he might get selected, maybe even over Gríger.. but thats why i included Myklukha, hes still 21, playing a C and having great season, hes very likely move to better league this or next year.

but with Mešár i dont think so, not yet.. our depth on wings is big and Ramsay would like to get best possible roster to make QF and maybe create some upset..

Sýkora is possibility, but maybe only over Buček.. only older wingers there are Tatar and Pánik, both 33, but with their experience they would get selected if they decided to come..

we could see some suprising name in defense though, like Golian, Mudrák or Gajdoš, all 22-23 yo, playing in our extraliga.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Tatar
Hrivík
Cehlárik
Slafkovský
Hudáček
Pánik
Marinčin
Nemec
Fehérváry
Čerešňák

Ten slovaks in a good level this year it can be played to a medal even a gold medal?

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Isn't halak back in Slovakia? That'd be a great starter.
not anymore, sadly.. he didnt play for months, there were talks about him signing for Slovan Bratislava, but i dont know if thats going to happen.

i dont think he is on that level to be in NT anymore.

Reactions: Czechboy

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Tatar
Hrivík
Cehlárik
Slafkovský
Hudáček
Pánik
Marinčin
Nemec
Fehérváry
Čerešňák

Ten slovaks in a good level this year it can be played to a medal even a gold medal?
the quality of other rosters is going to be bigger than last year so its very unlikely.

our depth is bigger every year, we just need that quality NHL core that might be there in couple years to compete at top again and be in conversations for medals.

but who knows, nobody even thought we could win a medal in Olympics 2 years ago, since then we definitely moved forward and have more and more quality, its just nice process to see since Šatan became president of our hockey federation.

Reactions: Czechboy and Bijelo

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll move on but I saw a tweet that halak was back in Bratislava. He was in the NHL last season. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I said I'd bring him. However... My responses seem to be along the lines of gtfo. So I'll move on.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I'll move on but I saw a tweet that halak was back in Bratislava. He was in the NHL last season. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I said I'd bring him. However... My responses seem to be along the lines of gtfo. So I'll move on.
Yeah. He has an agreement with Slovan Bratislava. If he pass the medical tests, he could play for Slovan.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
no one is saying gtfo, we just normally sayed our opinions.

who knows, if he gets to play for Slovan and put some good perfomances, coaching stuff might give him a look.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
The question: how many “young guns” will be invited? Sykora, Dvorsky, Honzek, all options. Ultimately I believe the level of success will come down to Slaf and Nemec coming. My sleeper: Jakub Demek

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
The question: how many “young guns” will be invited? Sykora, Dvorsky, Honzek, all options. Ultimately I believe the level of success will come down to Slaf and Nemec coming. My sleeper: Jakub Demek
Dvorský maybe.. Honzek was injured and his season is nothing impressive right now, he needs more time.. i hope he gets to play in AHL next season.

Mešár and Sýkora could be both in consideration but our depth on wings is really good and i think guys with better form and exprerience will be ahead of them.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Dvorský maybe.. Honzek was injured and his season is nothing impressive right now, he needs more time.. i hope he gets to play in AHL next season.

Mešár and Sýkora could be both in consideration but our depth on wings is really good and i think guys with better form and exprerience will be ahead of them.
Mesar’s play this season is no better than Honzek’s, outside of the WJC. Honzek also is already strong enough physically for WC. But yes I agree, even Dvorsky would be a question mark although historically we are weak at C. Sykora showed as a 17 year old he can play at WC, so I expect him in third line role plus PK

Reactions: Bijelo

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I am salivating over the possibility of having both Slaf and Nemec at the WC. These two guys alone would make our PP lethal.

If we can get around 80% of available NHL and AHL players to show up, then we will have our best team since 2012.

Reactions: Czechboy

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Mesar’s play this season is no better than Honzek’s, outside of the WJC. Honzek also is already strong enough physically for WC. But yes I agree, even Dvorsky would be a question mark although historically we are weak at C. Sykora showed as a 17 year old he can play at WC, so I expect him in third line role plus PK
lets hope for them being in AHL next season utilizing their talent, especially Mešár is wasted in juniors second year in a row.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is there a pre-tournament roster yet?

Goalies:
Denis Godla, Samuel Hlavaj, Dávid Hrenák,

Defense:
Patrik Bačik, Martin Bučko, Michal Ivan, Mário Grman, Rayen Petrovický, Boris Brincko, Andrej Golian.

Forwards:
Andrej Kukuča, Jozef Baláž, Martin Faško-Rudáš, Samuel Takáč, Marek Hecl, Matej Kašlík, Andrej Kollár, Silvester Kusko, Róbert Lantoši, Lukáš Cingeľ, Oliver Okuliar (od 4.4.), Alex Tamáši (od 4.4.).

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any chance Tomek joins the team after Czech playoffs and who figures to be their primary starter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad