Slovak supporters should be happy

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The one thing those numbers show (not just for Slovakia, but for all the other countries) is that the number of players isn't the single most important thing that influences the level of hockey of the country: Denmark for example seems to be forever stuck at around 4000 players and yet does as good and sometimes even better than other countries with more players. Same for Slovenia. And the Czechs despite those huge numbers have been struggling at junior levels compared to the other top countries. It's what you do with the players you have that matters the most and I'm not sure whether we should exactly be happy about that.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Those numbers do not reflect anything.

It's all just about bureaucracy of registered players. Czechs register players playing at county level, whereas in Slovakia we have just 3rd Tier league and that's all.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I wonder how much these hockey schools and academies help? Something Slovakia has more of than for example Belarus is a pool of very talented former players. My guess is that these players coming back and running hockey schools helps in development of youth players.

What bodes welll for Slovakia is that there seem to be more of them lately. I know Ciger's school is currently ongoing, and Marian Hossa was there, with Visnovsky, Uram, and Lintner promising to come as well.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Those numbers do not reflect anything.

It's all just about bureaucracy of registered players. Czechs register players playing at county level, whereas in Slovakia we have just 3rd Tier league and that's all.

Another problem with czech number is that they consider player active as long as he or his club don't ask for his removal from database. Also money from goverment are connected with number of registered players so there's no incentive to remove inactive players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad