Slovakia: Slovak republic, hockey republic, play again @WC 2019 & u18 IHWC 2017 in Slovakia

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
So although we have known this unofficially since Switzerlnd withdrew their bid and went for 2020 instead, but it was officially confirmed yesterday that Slovakia would be hosting the Worlds once again, in 2019.

The host cities are Bratislava and Košice once again.

The motto is Slovak republic, hockey republic, play again :laugh: Yup, doesn't make any sense to me either, basically we recycle the previous motto and add something to it, so that it makes no sense :facepalm:

Although it has been known for a longer while, Slovakia will also be the host of the u18 Worlds in 2017, so we might as well use this thread for that. The host cities for that haven't been determined yet.

I wish we'd also bid for the WJC somewhere down the line as I'd say the popularity of it has risen somewhat since STV started showing the games back in 2009. But that's kinda hard since they get determined so fa ahead into the future.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Im curious, if they will also recycle this mascot Gooly (what a freaking name) :shakehead

They already did. As did the Swiss with their Cooly from 2009. I can't decide which is worse. :laugh:

I think we will miss the repeat offenders Bob and Bobek a lot both in 2019 and in 2020. :laugh:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
They already did. As did the Swiss with their Cooly from 2009. I can't decide which is worse. :laugh:

I think we will miss the repeat offenders Bob and Bobek a lot both in 2019 and in 2020. :laugh:

Why not Matk a Kubko? That are the guys, what shows the roots of Slovakia. :yo:

bryndza_ilustracia.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad