Sling box and NHL

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
http://blogs.pcworld.com/digitalworld/archives/2007/06/sling_hooks_up.html

When it comes to tech, is hockey more progressive than baseball? If you look at the actions of the NHL versus those of MLB, it would seem so.

The NHL has joined with Sling Media to enable users to post hockey clips online. The Slingbox allows you to stream content from a TV, DVR, or other set-top box to a computer and even certain cell phones, whether they're in the house or on the other side of the world. This summer, the company is planning to launch its new Clip+Sling service, which makes it easy to clip segments from those videos and upload them to Sling's Website. The NHL has rubber-stamped the service by not only allowing users to record hockey clips, but contributing its own content to the service.

Anyone have one of these?

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site

I read somewhere , I think it was in David Aldridge's column in the Philadelphia Daily News or Inquirer (the one about Monday's NBA finals game conflicting with The Sopranos, if that's where I seen it.) He says it is available at Best Buy for $239.

There was also a column by Bill Conlin of the same outfit ( www.philly. com ) who seemed to indicate he could take things off of his computer and transfer it to a big screen TV. I have an interest in this theory as it could revolutionize TV and the gatekeepers thereof. It could eliminate dependence on TV networks and the cable and satellite providers. One might only have to subscribe to the websites of content providers and flip it to a big screen TV.

I don't have any first hand experience with this product, but am looking to do further research.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad