• Slavin

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • Provorov

Votes: 141 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Who would you take going forward? Interested to see if it's close or a landslide going the other way.

Provorov is the younger D, Slavin is older. Both have fared incredibly well into their young careers.

This is conflicting for me because I was a Provorov nut in his draft year but Slavin has been dominant in some of the games I've watched of him.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I've somehow only seen bad games by Provorov and only good games by Slavin.

Maybe I don't follow these guys enough, but to me the eye test goes to Slavin easily.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Slavin has a bright future, one of the best shut down defenders out there but this is easily Provorov, even if they were the same age

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Provorov by a hair. Both will be #1D quality players for quite some time.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
theres no defenseman in the league you'd take over Provorov by a "decent margin" outside of Karlsson going forward, maybe Hedman let alone Slavin. Unless you expect Slavin to potentially be the best defenseman in the NHL one day, you take Provorov, because he has a good shot at that.

Slavin could very well end up the best D in the league.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Very good poll question, both are very close IMO. Gun to my head, I'd probably take Provorov based on potential and age...but man it's close.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
A month ago I would've gone with Slavin easily, but Provorov has been stellar this season. Right now it's close, but I have to think Provorov is better moving forward.

And trust me, that's not a knock on Slavin, he's phenomenal in his own right, but Provorov is flashing as a total shut down D right now.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provorov is thisclose to being as good at 20 as Slavin is at 23.

The answer is pretty easily Provorov "going forward" because of the age discrepency and because Provorov has more offense to his game without giving up anything to Slavin defensively.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I'd rather have slavin on the sabres due to his sound defensive ability, although i think provorov ends up better in the long run

Slavin-Risto pairing ?? yes please !

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd rather have slavin on the sabres due to his sound defensive ability, although i think provorov ends up better in the long run

Slavin-Risto pairing ?? yes please !

Lol...this implies Provy is not sound defensively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: whatthef

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lol...this implies Provy is not sound defensively.

No, but Slavin has been putting himself in the conversation for best in the league defensively since last year. Provorov is great, and he doesn't have a partner like Pesce, but statistically, there's nothing to suggest he's on the same level there yet.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
No, but Slavin has been putting himself in the conversation for best in the league defensively since last year. Provorov is great, and he doesn't have a partner like Pesce, but statistically, there's nothing to suggest he's on the same level there yet.
Watching the game last night would suggest he is on the same level or higher.

Last edited:

Kase

May 1, 2016
At the moment Slavin is better with a decent margin, and knowing that young defencemen tend to be the most overrated players in the league, I'd take Slavin moving forward too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00