Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He should win this. I think his only penalty this year was something like puck over the glass or too many men on the ice?

Puck over the glass delay of game vs Florida on 3/7.

(Amazing how easy it is to research when you just have to find the game with any PIM.)

Edit: for comparison, Spurgeon had 2 puck over glass minors and one holding minor on the season.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
for comparison, Spurgeon had 2 puck over glass minors and one holding minor on the season.
vZMm_z.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Didn’t Slavin get his penalty on a questionable call too. He tried to bat a puck out of mid air into center ice but it went in the seats. He hadnt controlled the puck before the deflection that led to it in the seats.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
This is entirely voted on for on ice gentlemanly play right? The fact he’s close to a saint off ice doesn’t strictly meet the criteria?

I don't know much about how Jaccob currently believes, but I would warn a little bit of a caution with regards to glorifying his off-ice behavior. He comes from an ultra-fundie YEC background, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has some problematic beliefs once you dig in a little bit.

Not saying that he doesn't do a lot of positive things in the community or that he doesn't deserve the award (he does), but simply that people should exercise a little bit of caution before going overboard praising everything he does off-ice.

Sorry if I'm de-railing the thread.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I don't know much about how Jaccob currently believes, but I would warn a little bit of a caution with regards to glorifying his off-ice behavior. He comes from an ultra-fundie YEC background, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has some problematic beliefs once you dig in a little bit.

Not saying that he doesn't do a lot of positive things in the community or that he doesn't deserve the award (he does), but simply that people should exercise a little bit of caution before going overboard praising everything he does off-ice.

Sorry if I'm de-railing the thread.

Look, maybe a stranger named "Alex Jones" based in "Conspiratron 9000" shouldn't ought to be weighing in on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad