Slats

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Seeing as how Katz wont fire any OBC, the only option is to bring this guy back. He's the only one in the world that can kick Lowe in the arse. Mact will shiver and bow to the great master. Wayne will drive him to Rodgers every day....

Save us Glen ! Bring back our glory !!

It's the only way to fix this mess...

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
At least Sather would havethe common sense to make building the team's D priority #1.

But I don't see him coming back, he's semi retired.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
At least Sather would havethe common sense to make building the team's D priority #1.

But I don't see him coming back, he's semi retired.
Katz has got an ego and money. He gets all the boyhood idols together without having to fire anyone.

We get a man who is a master with budget and cap from his edmonton days. He's a smart man that knows how to build teams. well respected in the league and would bring much needed stability. He would not take any crap from any of these clowns. He could mentor Keith as GM.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Katz has got an ego and money. He gets all the boyhood idols together without having to fire anyone.

We get a man who is a master with budget and cap from his edmonton days. He's a smart man that knows how to build teams. well respected in the league and would bring much needed stability. He would not take any crap from any of these clowns. He could mentor Keith as GM.

He was borderline terrible in his last few years in NY.

He actually deliberately lost a trade by giving up Talbot for low picks as a favour to his old team, all because he simply DGAF anymore. He’s retired, let him live out his retirement in peace without bringing him into this mess.

Reactions: MikeYEG and Aerrol

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I ran into Slats a few years ago at the Calgary airport and chatted with him. Trust me, his best days are long gone.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
No.
His best days left him 28 some years ago.
Going to NY exposed him.....a bit better Chia.
Boogard contract, Roszival contract, ...remember Scott Gomez?
Drury, Holik, Wade Redden....on and on.

Reactions: Homesick and A91

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guy was pretty rough shape in New York health wise for awhile. After seeing Hitch come out of retirement and just about lose it I don't know that Slats would want to take the stress.

Maybe as a consultant

As for Wayne driving him everyday, good luck. Guy probably doesn't even know what city he's in half the time

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Seeing as how Katz wont fire any OBC, the only option is to bring this guy back. He's the only one in the world that can kick Lowe in the arse. Mact will shiver and bow to the great master. Wayne will drive him to Rodgers every day....

Save us Glen ! Bring back our glory !!

It's the only way to fix this mess...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Game is different now. Does anyone think a guy like Slats understands analytics?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The guy had the best goalie in the world, a top UFA destination, unlimited funds and couldnt do crap

Reactions: Faelko

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Will always have a soft spot for Slats but he’s done. No more retreads, new young GM with new ideas.

The OBC needs to be thinned out before that can happen though, at MINIMUM MacT, Nicholson and Howson have to be kicked to the curb... we all know Lowe has a job for life but if he’s kept away from hockey ops, I don’t care.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Ok, so Glen is done and wont help. Too bad, I recall many times, he would pull off some smart move, to help the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad