Confirmed with Link: Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj made the team!!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20221010-113427_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Do we know if they've all actually made the team or are just starting in the NHL due to injuries? I would like it a lot more if slaf gets a taste of the NHL for a couple weeks then goes down to the AHL when someone is back. He can work on his game and come back up at the deadline when vets are traded. Same for X.

Guhle I think is ready for showtime and will spend the whole year on the habs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Barron better get it together. For a guy who's played way more nhl games than the other 3, he looks pretty raw and unsure of himself. I really hope he works out.

Reactions: dasahgah

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Harris is better than Xhekaj, Wideman and Kovacevic and, for now, just as impactful as Guhle.

I would’ve given the 7th spot to someone like bowey or shueneman to let the young ones develop in Laval.

But I will trust the FO on this one, something I haven’t said in about 10 years

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Harris play really really well, he show that he is a very good two-way defenseman with good passing ability.
I think he was average. In the Dzone he wasn't very aware, cross ice passes were going through him and he didn't play physical overall. He had glimpes of mobility that I agree with.

I think he's young and has potential, but right now he could benefit from learning the pro game in the AHL. The weakness of our brigade opens up a spot I guess.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
When we signed Harris/convinced him to come, I’m pretty sure HuGo’s selling point was that he’d get some good reps in the NHL. So I think he’s going to get his shot now and be sent down later for development.

Also, waiver wire isn’t closed yet for us. Might be another pickup before 2pm today

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Guhle was a lock for me.
Xhekaj had a great camp, and was better than Harris for sure. LD is most certainly Matheson - Guhle - Xhekaj until Edmundson is back.

I think Slaf was also one of the better forwards for the most part. Had some not so great moments, and I thought he would be starting in Laval given the logjam up front and room for development. But if we're being honest, the only reason that Hoffman, Drouin or Dadonov would earn a spot ahead of him after that camp, is NHL experience.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i cant wait to watch what Xhekaj does in his first few games... he will be doing everything he can and sticking up/fighting for his teammates and pushing hard to make the team in any type of way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad