Post-Game Talk: Skinner is the new CUJO

BardownMagic

Oct 13, 2022
Rent Free
He's not hurting the team. Give him some runway until Kane is ready to return or a decent trade comes along.

If we do what many on this board want the kick in the ass when the player succeeds with another team is going to leave everyones bum extra sore for many years.

Flames fans have Sam Bennett regrets daily, as we will have Jesse Puljujärvi remorse.
Hey we got our own too. Strome, schultz, dubs, petry, hell even ebs(and more). The run this player out of town/make him a whipping boy is an edmonton media special that bites us a lot of the time. It is what is tho, he is most likely gone and if he has a nichuskin like emergence somewhere, we will hear the same remorse.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Lmao!!!!! That city is dirty as hell. I suggest going to a doctor pronto 😂😂😂😂 maybe don’t sleep with your wife for the time being. You don’t want to spread that moose jaw nastyness
Maybe they should have called it Moose Knuckle
You have your Camel Toe
Just saying

Yes!!! Me too
I'm on the Kostin train now. He gotta like being in Edmonton. Rock Star

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
18 skaters on a team there bud and Its a cap world. Approximately 25% of the Oilers cap is spent on these 2 guys. He is trying to fill the shelves since they were almost bare when Ken started his job. This is northern Alberta, not some hiding place in the comforts of USA. Notice how UFAs are coming now, prior to that we got Lucic, Pouliot, Ference, etc.
It will take time to get it set right. What would you prefer, all in now but when you go to resign you see we have no futures coming or, when it is time to resign there are guys ready to make the jump.
You are also wrong with your goalie or D. Biggest complaint last year (& years prior) was goaltending.
And you picked 2 out of 32 teams, Yzerman set Tampa up and Sakic has been with the Avs since 2015, doesn't happen overnight.

Thanks “Bud” for making my point. 18 skaters on a team and in Holland’s 4 years hasn’t been able to add to that. Holland had bare shelves, he somehow managed to empty them further. His players, when 97/29 aren’t on the ice- have gotten worse since chirarelli’s last year. And that’s not some fancy stats- it’s GF%. Like bottom of the league bad. I just gave you two team as an example- want some more? Keep making excuses. Oilers will have completed wasted having 97/29 when they are done their tenure here.

Lol- “doesn’t happen overnight”. Holland has been here 4 years and had 25M the offseason before last to build a team. Last year he had close to 15M. Keep making excuses

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Thanks “Bud” for making my point. 18 skaters on a team and in Holland’s 4 years hasn’t been able to add to that. Holland had bare shelves, he somehow managed to empty them further. His players, when 97/29 aren’t on the ice- have gotten worse since chirarelli’s last year. And that’s not some fancy stats- it’s GF%. Like bottom of the league bad. I just gave you two team as an example- want some more? Keep making excuses. Oilers will have completed wasted having 97/29 when they are done their tenure here.

Lol- “doesn’t happen overnight”. Holland has been here 4 years and had 25M the offseason before last to build a team. Last year he had close to 15M. Keep making excuses
No excuses, we are right where we should be without throwing 1st around. You obviously figure to throw our picks away for the 1 big chance. That's not what Holland should do or is doing.
Cupboards are full.
Yes, more examples of teams whose GM has been there 4 years and their teams won the cup

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No excuses, we are right where we should be without throwing 1st around. You obviously figure to throw our picks away for the 1 big chance. That's not what Holland should do or is doing.
Cupboards are full.
Yes, more examples of teams whose GM has been there 4 years and their teams won the cup

Hahaha- what? You’re in what- year 8 of McDavid and Draisaitl and in a wildcard spot is right where the oilers should be? Are you high? The cupboards are not full…hahahaha. Holland as traded away picks like candy- he just isn’t smart enough to acquire talent.

For examples- does that team whose GM has been there 4 years get to start with two generational players- or that only for Holland? I’m glad you think being a middling team with the 2 best players the league has seen in 30 years is acceptable.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hahaha- what? You’re in what- year 8 of McDavid and Draisaitl and in a wildcard spot is right where the oilers should be? Are you high? The cupboards are not full…hahahaha. Holland as traded away picks like candy- he just isn’t smart enough to acquire talent.

For examples- does that team whose GM has been there 4 years get to start with two generational players- or that only for Holland? I’m glad you think being a middling team with the 2 best players the league has seen in 30 years is acceptable.
The season isn't really where it counts. We all agree that being a wildcard team isn't great but lots of teams slow down, especially with key injuries as we have had. Most Oil fans are critical of Holland but this team made the western final so there is still a sense that there is progress as long as playoffs are the truest measure. There is a chance that the team's projects and prospects can pull it together in time (at least a few of them) and that a key trade could make a big impact

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020

Waiting for the examples, never mind. Rangers have had their coach since 2020/21? They made it to final 4 also and where are they in the standings, look at Avs also and they won the cup.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The season isn't really where it counts. We all agree that being a wildcard team isn't great but lots of teams slow down, especially with key injuries as we have had. Most Oil fans are critical of Holland but this team made the western final so there is still a sense that there is progress as long as playoffs are the truest measure. There is a chance that the team's projects and prospects can pull it together in time (at least a few of them) and that a key trade could make a big impact

Let’s look at that a bit. For the Oilers to make it past a weak pacific division, it took 97 and 29 to put up numbers that have not been seen since the high scoring 80s. Think about that. This team didn’t get past two rounds because of something Holland did- it was because McDavid and Draisaitl went ape shit. Let’s further add to that- he fell into Woodcroft. By his own admission, he was prepared to re-sign Tippett and let Woodcroft walk.

I also don’t buy into that “play offs are the only measure”. They aren’t. Do you know how many great players have never won a cup? Regular seasons count. Generally- teams who barely make it to the playoffs- rarely win the whole thing. So yes, regular season matters

Waiting for the examples.

What examples are you waiting for, exactly? GMs that came in with 2 generational players that have gone on to have success- or GMs that have come in bad situations and turned the team around in 4 years? Be specific. The team we played tonight has had their GM in place for less than 4 years, has more dead cap space- and has completely turned that team around.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Let’s look at that a bit. For the Oilers to make it past a weak pacific division, it took 97 and 29 to put up numbers that have not been seen since the high scoring 80s. Think about that. This team didn’t get past two rounds because of something Holland did- it was because McDavid and Draisaitl went ape shit. Let’s further add to that- he fell into Woodcroft. By his own admission, he was prepared to re-sign Tippett and let Woodcroft walk.

I also don’t buy into that “play offs are the only measure”. They aren’t. Do you know how many great players have never won a cup? Regular seasons count. Generally- teams who barely make it to the playoffs- rarely win the whole thing. So yes, regular season matters

What examples are you waiting for, exactly? GMs that came in with 2 generational players that have gone on to have success- or GMs that have come in bad situations and turned the team around in 4 years? Be specific. The team we played tonight has had their GM in place for less than 4 years, has more dead cap space- and has completely turned that team around.
Wild have the same points we do with a game in hand and thats turning the team around? You should be so generous with Ken.
Look at 2018/19 roster and look at Oilers now. Can you actually tell me this years team isn't better?

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Wild have the same points we do with a game in hand and thats turning the team around? You should be so generous with Ken.
Look at 2018/19 roster and look at Oilers now. Can you actually tell me this years team isn't better?

A) Look at where they were and what they are now. Yes, he turned the team around (Guerin)

B) let’s look at the results from todays roster and then. GF% when 97/29 are on the ice- worse. Fixed goaltending- nope. Fixed defense- nope. Fixed bottom 6- nope. Fixed support scoring when 97/29 on the ice- nope. So- how did they make it to conference finals…hmmmm…cough 97 scoring more cough…29 scoring more. Is the team better now? Nope. I would kill for Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse as your top 3 defense. Strome was on that team. Chiasson got 22 goals. Yeah- that team maturing would be better than this team currently.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
A) Look at where they were and what they are now. Yes, he turned the team around (Guerin)

B) let’s look at the results from todays roster and then. GF% when 97/29 are on the ice- worse. Fixed goaltending- nope. Fixed defense- nope. Fixed bottom 6- nope. Fixed support scoring when 97/29 on the ice- nope. So- how did they make it to conference finals…hmmmm…cough 97 scoring more cough…29 scoring more. Is the team better? No it isn’t. Are 97 and 29 better- absolutley
Some would argue that they are scoring more because they are playing with better players.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

It matters but there's no shortage of teams who have elevated in the playoffs, and some dominant cup winners even such as LA and Tampa. It was even a pattern where it took a step back in the season for a team to push forward in the playoffs. It's not that regular season doesn't matter. It's that it is different than playoff success.

The "weak pacific" argument is tiring. Results are results. If there is an agreed on type of team that does well in the playoffs it was what the Flames were, and that team was dominating teams from every division in the regular season (that of course matters).

Never mind the fact that from the first round on, the Oilers had Draisaitl playing with an ankle sprain, and Nurse playing with a torn hip flexor. And yes, Kadri wasn't playing but Kane was also suspended. Not only that, but the Avs did not dominate the Oilers.

I think the struggles this season are the result of a lot of us underrating the loses the Oilers had over the summer. Goaltending this season was a major struggle, as was the changes at D and in the depth. Despite that it's still looking like the Oilers will make the playoffs just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00