GDT: Skills Competition

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Needs work there's no doubt about that. But I like hearing the players out of their "team team they us blah blah"

Hellebuyk saying yeah we really wanted that one! Was pretty funny

Reactions: zman77 and MinJaBen

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
ngl I'm jealous they're enjoying beautiful weather in t-shirts and shorts, but it's 34F here and was one of maybe 5 sunny days in January

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm going to guess the main board is whining about how boring this all is and how the ASG and festivities suck and the NHL sucks and so on. I do feel like this whole event was better 10 years ago but Hockey is a team game and individual skills competitions don't translate well to that.

I'm happy for Svech and hope he wins the fastest skater thing.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm going to guess the main board is whining about how boring this all is and how the ASG and festivities suck and the NHL sucks and so on.
But are they wrong, at least about the ASG? The ASG and skills challenge are boring for most people, especially when the All Stars best at a certain skill don't even participate in that challenge. It's nice to give certain players recognition but even then they get it wrong often.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
When the Canes hosted I actually remember it being very fun.

It was. First year of the draft although that ran its course quickly. I think Chara broke the record for hardest shot, PK Subban put on Skinners jersey, Sedin hit all 4 targets in 7 seconds, there was a penalty shot in the game. Fun times, looking back on it I should have gone.

But are they wrong, at least about the ASG? The ASG and skills challenge are boring for most people, especially when the All Stars best at a certain skill don't even participate in that challenge. It's nice to give certain players recognition but even then they get it wrong often.

Probably not. I'm honestly just kinda mocking those posters, every year they complain about this event and every year they still watch.

I am looking forward to the game itself tomorrow. Let's go Metro! :laugh:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
It was. First year of the draft although that ran its course quickly. I think Chara broke the record for hardest shot, PK Subban put on Skinners jersey, Sedin hit all 4 targets in 7 seconds, there was a penalty shot in the game. Fun times, looking back on it I should have gone.

Probably not. I'm honestly just kinda mocking those posters, every year they complain about this event and every year they still watch.

We also had the Tim Thomas vs Wardo goalie race. The sick Correy Perry lacrosse breakaway move.

It’s a skills competition. We have Pasternak, one of the best goal scorers in the NHL currently, his trick shot is putting a puck in a gigantic net… What the heck is this NHL?

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia

The one time everyone in the arena cheered for Chara.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad