Skills Competition Jan '19

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Cool, but why no fastest skater?

Predictions? Here are some guesses to get it going:

Hardest shot: Ristolainen or Tage (dark horse: Beaulieu)

Accuracy: Pominville or Skinner

Puck control (tough to measure since it's a relay), but I'll say: Mitts & Jack

Shootout: team white

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So...is anyone there today? Can't find a stream so I assume there isn't one. Would love to hear some highlights.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
So...is anyone there today? Can't find a stream so I assume there isn't one. Would love to hear some highlights.

Nope, sabres twitter is covering it, risto slapper and the jerseys are the only interesting things ive seen...no eichel or reinhart

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Skills comps aren't my thing. I dislike the All Star game too, but this looks like it had a great turn-out, and the youth probably loves it.

Glad they did it.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Skills comps aren't my thing. I dislike the All Star game too, but this looks like it had a great turn-out, and the youth probably loves it.

Glad they did it.

It's cool. Anyone remember the Indians - Bisons games?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Players showcased personalities at inaugural Skills Challenge

Carter Hutton met the media with his one-year-old son, Palmer, in his arms. The Buffalo Sabres goaltender had just scored a shootout goal on teammate Linus Ullmark, not long after he took a baseball swing and batted a Rasmus Ristolainen attempt out of midair.

For everyone at KeyBank Center on Sunday, whether it was the families in the crowd of 9,040 or those of the players on the bench, the inaugural Sabres Skills Challenge was a lighthearted break from the grind of a long season.

"It was great, a great experience," Hutton said. "I think every time we get to bring [families] down to the arena and be a part of something, I cherish it.

"I think seeing all the kids today and getting to interact with everybody, it's nice because when you are playing sometimes it's tough to do that. You're kind of in the zone, you don't have that time to be one-on-one with the fans. Today was a better chance."

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Those Blue ones would make a terrific 3rd jersey.
Seeing the royal blue color scheme was great.

Personally not a big fan of the actual jersey design though, they seemed more like a practice jersey than a game jersey to me.

We've definitely gone with significantly worse designs in the past though.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Seeing the royal blue color scheme was great.

Personally not a big fan of the actual jersey design though, they seemed more like a practice jersey than a game jersey to me.

We've definitely gone with significantly worse designs in the past though.

Yea, those were a little hideous. Not fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad