Skille article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Both of those guys are going to be great IMO. The last few years have been really promising for the future of American hockey.

A Good Flying Bird*

Legionnaire said:
Both of those guys are going to be great IMO. The last few years have been really promising for the future of American hockey.

I don't think I've ever seen a collection of junior aged talent quite as good as I saw on this year's USA NTDP team.
Astonishing.

Johnson.
Kessel
Skille.
Stoa
Mueller.
Mercier
Mitera
Frazee
Jones.
Bailey
McVoy
Gerbe

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Newsguyone said:
I don't think I've ever seen a collection of junior aged talent quite as good as I saw on this year's USA NTDP team.
Astonishing.

I guess you never saw Canada's WJC team. :D

Safir*

Skille is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospect in the 2005 draft class. The comments about JJ are pretty neat, because coming from a team mate. Is JJ already NHL ready?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
TomACE said:
Skille is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospect in the 2005 draft class. The comments about JJ are pretty neat, because coming from a team mate. Is JJ already NHL ready?

There are very few 18 year old defensemen that are NHL ready(read: hardly any). They just take longer to develop.

Safir*

Legionnaire said:
There are very few 18 year old defensemen that are NHL ready(read: hardly any). They just take longer to develop.

I'll take that as a "no".

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
TomACE said:
I'll take that as a "no".

From what I've seen, he needs to learn to pick his spots a little better; not always try and "punish" opponents so much. Then again, that's part of what makes him so attractive as a draftee.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Legionnaire said:
From what I've seen, he needs to learn to pick his spots a little better; not always try and "punish" opponents so much. Then again, that's part of what makes him so attractive as a draftee.
No he's not ready for the NHL, maybe only Bobby Orr was at that age, and from what I've read, Johnson wants to play at Michigan! He will learn and his game will mature as he goes, look at Chelios, he certainly calmed down. I think the comments from Skille in another article are worth a ton more than any of ours, that was "real respect" Whichever team gets him, they will be very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce