Skate advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Hey all, just started playing hockey and wanted some advice on skates. Hockey's not big where I live but have been reading and asking the skate shop people, and am eyeing Bauers, CCMs or Grafs. Wasn't too keen on Eastons as much.

I'm 23, and only ever did a bit of very basic figure skating previously. I'm after some skates that will last - not your pro-skates, but don't want a pair that will need to be replaced in the short-term.

I had my eyes on the Bauer 2090, then was also recently shown a pair of Grafs that I quite liked. Thoughts?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Let the guys at the skate shop fit you. Some skates are made to fit different foot types. For example, I can't wear CCM skates. My feet are to narrow. I have to stick with Bauer, Graf, or Easton. Even certain model Graf's fit differently.

Once you narrow down you choices, go with the most comfortable.

I have Graf's and I love them, but they can be a real pain to break in. Great skate none the less.

Bauer has always made a great skate.

CCM, Bauer, Graf....you really can't go wrong.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
stick9 said:
Let the guys at the skate shop fit you. Some skates are made to fit different foot types. For example, I can't wear CCM skates. My feet are to narrow. I have to stick with Bauer, Graf, or Easton. Even certain model Graf's fit differently.

Once you narrow down you choices, go with the most comfortable.

I have Graf's and I love them, but they can be a real pain to break in. Great skate none the less.

Bauer has always made a great skate.

CCM, Bauer, Graf....you really can't go wrong.
Good advice. If Grafs fit...get em... great skates.

Weird, I can't use Bauers cause my feet are too wide, tried on Vapor 30's. Always been in CCM.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Phoenix said:
Hey all, just started playing hockey and wanted some advice on skates. Hockey's not big where I live but have been reading and asking the skate shop people, and am eyeing Bauers, CCMs or Grafs. Wasn't too keen on Eastons as much.

I'm 23, and only ever did a bit of very basic figure skating previously. I'm after some skates that will last - not your pro-skates, but don't want a pair that will need to be replaced in the short-term.

I had my eyes on the Bauer 2090, then was also recently shown a pair of Grafs that I quite liked. Thoughts?

My g/f got me a pair of Easton Synergy 1300c's this past Christmas.

I am in love with these skates. They have ZERO break in time, and they are so light that I don't feel like I have anything on my feet.

I used to hate all of the new skates. I loved my old Megas and Dauost..and these where the first pair of new skates I have gotten in the last 10 years I loved.

They where $500 in December and I heard they dropped to $250 or so recently (New models coming out).

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
<Mr Jiggyfly> said:

I am in love with these skates. They have ZERO break in time, and they are so light that I don't feel like I have anything on my feet.

I used to hate all of the new skates. I loved my old Megas and Dauost..and these where the first pair of new skates I have gotten in the last 10 years I loved.

They where $500 in December and I heard they dropped to $250 or so recently (New models coming out).

lol! I still have Dauosts with the clear tuuk sitting in an old bag somewhere.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
<Mr Jiggyfly> said:

Got them when they first came out, superior product. But, like the other poster said only certain brands will fit your feet. When I tried on the older Easton's they hurt, the Synergy's fit like tennis shoes. Whereever you go have them measure your feet, they should be able to tell you what kind of foot you have and what kind of skate will fit the best. Try it on, if you feel anything right away try another brand. There should be at least 1 brand that fits good unless you have the club foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad