SJSharks39's Dispersal Expansion Game

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm copying most of dong's rules from his GM games because they normally work well.

All times are PST and are subject to change

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $90,000,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Cap checks will happen randomly throughout the game so make sure you are under. There will be a punishment given if you go over the cap come the Trade Deadline.
  • To figure out your cap there is several links to good websites located here
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • If a player clears 900K of his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades don't need to be sent in.
  • The league has the right to reject any trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • Any trade deemed suspicious by the league will be vetoed.
  • Any unprotected player will enter the Dispersal Draft.
  • 3 way trades must include a breakdown on the trade.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
  • Rebuilder age limit is 23
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Dispersal Draft"]
  • The draft will be 20 rounds. 15 for regular NHL players, 5 as a prospect only draft.
  • Prospects can only be picked after round 15
  • The clock will be 4 hours per pick.
  • The clock starts at 8 AM PST and ends at 10 PM PST
  • A prospect is any player that has played 25 games or less in the NHL
[/fieldset]

GMs participating:
1. SJSharks39
2. NYR84
3. Paneerboy
4. Dabeast
5. JonnyGraz
6. K2B
7. HKYPro77
8. Tryamkin
9. donut
10. Zemgus26
11. BoldnewMcLettuce
12. VanIslander
13. Weylspin
14. PaulBissonette

Each GM must send me a list of 3 teams they would like to manage

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Team Protection List

:stars
Managed by JonnyGraz
Forwards: Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Patrick Sharp, Valeri Nichushkin, Radek Faksa

Defensemen: John Klingberg, Kris Russell,

Goalie: Kari Lehtonen

Prospects: Julius Honka, Jason Dickinson, Cole Ully, Denis Guryanov, Mattias Backman

:edmonton
Managed By BoldMcNewLettuce
Forwards: Connor McDavid, Taylor Hall, Leon Draisaitl, Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Defenders: Oscar Klefbom, Andrej Sekera, Darnell Nurse, Brandon Davidson

Goalie: Cam Talbot

Prospects: Anton Slepyshev, Jujhar Khaira, Dillon Simpson, Ethan Bear, Ziyat Paigin

:sharks
Managed by Dabeast
Forwards: Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Tomas Hertl, Chris Tierney

Defenders: Marc-Eduord Vlasic, Brent Burns

Goalie: Martin Jones

Prospects: Timo Meier , Nikolay Goldobin, Jeremy Roy, Noah Rod, Rourke Chartier
:sabres
Managed by Zemgus26
Forwards: Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, Ryan O'Reilly, Evander Kane, Zemgus Girgensons

Defensemen: Rasmus Ristolainen, Zach Bogosian, Jake McCabe

Goalie: Robin Lehner

Prospects: Justin Bailey, Linus Ullmark, Hudson Fasching, Brendan Guhle, Nicolas Baptiste

:caps
Managed by VanIslander
Forwards: Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom, T.J. Oshie, Tom Wilson, Evgeny Kuznetsov

Defensemen: John Carlson, Matt Niskanen, Karl Alzner

Goalie: Braden Holtby

Prospects: Jakub Vrana, Riley Barber, Madison Bowey, Jonas Siegenthaler, Ilya Samsonov

:leafs
Managed by HKYPro77
Forwards: Nazem Kadri, James Van Riemsdyk, Leo Komarov, Peter Holland, Tyler Bozak

Defensemen: Morgan Rielly, Jake Gardiner, Connor Carrick

Goalie: Johnathan Bernier

Prospects: William Nylander, Mitch Marner, Kaspari Kapanen, Nikita Soshnikov, Travis Dermott

:ducks
Managed by K2B
Forwards: Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Ryan Kesler, Jakob Silfverberg, Nick Ritchie

Defenders: Sami Vatanen, Hampus Lindholm, Cam Fowler

Goalie: John Gibson

Prospects: Shea Theodore, Jacob Larsson, Julius Nattinen, Brandon Montour, Nicolas Kerdiles

:isles
Managed by Weylspin
Forwards: John Tavares, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Strome, Brock Nelson, Mikhail Grabovski

Defence: Nick Leddy, Johnny Boychuk, Travis Hamonic

Goalie: Jaroslav Halak

Prospects: Matt Barzal, Michael dal Colle, Ryan Pulock, Josh Ho Sang, Anthony Beauvillier

:nucks
Managed by Tryamkin
Forwards: Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Bo Horvat, Sven Baertschi, Jake Virtanen

Defensemen: Alex Edler, Ben Hutton, Chris Tanev

Goalie: Jacob Markstrom

Prospects: Brock Boeser, Thatcher Demko, Brendan Gaunce, Nikita Tryamkin, Guillame Brisbois

:jets
Managed by PaneerBoy
Forwards: Mark Scheifele , Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little , Nikolaj Ehlers

Defensemen: Dustin Byfuglien, Jacob Trouba, Tobias Enstrom, Tyler Myers

Goalie: Michael Hutchinson

Prospects: Connor Hellebuyck, Joshua Morrissey, Kyle Connor , Nicholas Petan, Jan Kostalek

:hawks
Managed by donut
Forwards: Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, Marian Hossa, Teuvo Teravainen

Defenders: Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson

Goalie: Corey Crawford

Prospects: Nick Schmaltz, Mark McNeill, Ryan Hartman, Ville Pokka, Gustav Forsling

:panthers
Managed by SJSharks39
Forwards: Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathan Huberdeau, Vincent Trocheck, Jaromir Jagr

Defensemen: Aaron Ekblad, Erik Gubrandson, Dmitri Kulikov

Goalie: Roberto Luongo

Prospects: Lawson Crouse, Mike Matheson, Ian McCoshen, Jayce Hawryluk, Rocco Grimaldi

:rangers
Managed by NYR84
Forwards: Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello, J.T. Miller, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash

Defenseman: Ryan McDonagh, Keith Yandle, Kevin Klein

Goalie: Henrik Lundqvist

Prospects: Pavel Buchnevich, Igor Sheshtyorkin, Brady Skjei, Ryan Graves,Ryan Gropp

:pens
Managed by PaulBissonette
Forwards: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, Carl Hagelin

Defensemen: Kris Letang, Olli Maata, Derrick Pouliot

Goalie: Marc-Andre Fleury

Prospects: Matt Murray, Daniel Sprong, Tristan Jarry, Oskar Sundqvist, Scott Wilson

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If everyone could put their protected list in this thread that would be great. Would like to get the draft started by about 11AM EST, 8 AM PST but I am still waiting on 1 more list.

With that said,
:panthers would like to announce their protected list:
Forwards: Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathan Huberdeau, Vincent Trocheck, Jaromir Jagr

Defensemen: Aaron Ekblad, Erik Gubrandson, Dmitri Kulikov

Goalie: Roberto Luongo

Prospects: Lawson Crouse, Mike Matheson, Ian McCoshen, Jayce Hawryluk, Rocco Grimaldi

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:ducks protect:

Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Jakob Silfverberg
Nick Ritchie

Sami Vatanen
Hampus Lindholm
Cam Fowler

John Gibson

Shea Theodore
Jacob Larsson
Julius Nattinen
Brandon Montour
Nicolas Kerdiles

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:hawks

Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Artemi Panarin
Marian Hossa
Teuvo Teravainen

Duncan Keith
Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjalmarsson

Corey Crawford

Nick Schmaltz
Mark McNeill
Ryan Hartman
Ville Pokka
Gustav Forsling

How do contracts work for upcoming UFAs/RFAs as well as players who have salary retained? It could affect players protected as well as the draft.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
:leafs protect:

Forwards:
Nazem Kadri
James Van Riemsdyk
Leo Komarov
Peter Holland
Tyler Bozak

Defensemen:
Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner
Connor Carrick

Goalie:
Johnathan Bernier

Prospects:
William Nylander
Mitch Marner
Kaspari Kapanen
Nikita Soshnikov
Travis Dermott

Not gonna lie... Coming up with 8 players i wanted to keep was kind of difficult haha

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:sabres

- Jack Eichel
- Sam Reinhart
- Ryan O'Reilly
- Evander Kane
- Zemgus Girgensons

- Rasmus Ristolainen
- Zach Bogosian
- Jake McCabe

- Robin Lehner

- Justin Bailey
- Linus Ullmark
- Hudson Fasching
- Brendan Guhle
- Nicolas Baptiste

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
:edmonton

Connor McDavid
Taylor Hall
Leon Draisaitl
Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Oscar Klefbom
Andrej Sekera
Darnell Nurse
Brandon Davidson

Cam Talbot

Prospects;
Anton Slepyshev
Jujhar Khaira
Dillon Simpson
Ethan Bear
Ziyat Paigin

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How do contracts work for upcoming UFAs/RFAs as well as players who have salary retained? It could affect players protected as well as the draft.

I'm thinking that we don't do a UFA period. It would require too much and agents and there's just not enough people. I think what we will do is the dispersal, the trade deadline, playoffs, draft, rebuilder's cup. Players with retained salary, it will be their full salary that you are taking on.

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:isles
Forwards
J. Tavares, K. Okposo, r. Strome, B. Nelson, M. Grabovski

Defence
N. Leddy, J. Boychuk, T. Hamonic

Goalie
T. Halak

Prospects
Barzal, dal colle, pulock, ho sang, beauliville

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
:jets

Mark Scheifele
Blake Wheeler
Bryan Little
Nikolaj Ehlers

Dustin Byfuglien
Jacob Trouba
Tobias Enstrom
Tyler Myers

Michael Hutchinson

Prospects:

Connor Hellebuyck
Joshua Morrissey
Kyle Connor
Nicholas Petan
Jan Kostalek

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm thinking that we don't do a UFA period. It would require too much and agents and there's just not enough people. I think what we will do is the dispersal, the trade deadline, playoffs, draft, rebuilder's cup. Players with retained salary, it will be their full salary that you are taking on.

Let me rephrase. Will upcoming UFAs/RFAs be automatically resigned to their full cap-hit? For instance, Demers with DAL and Ladd with CHI.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Let me rephrase. Will upcoming UFAs/RFAs be automatically resigned to their full cap-hit? For instance, Demers with DAL and Ladd with CHI.

All nonprotected players enter the dispersal draft. All players not selected in the dispersal draft will not be available for the rest of this game. If you select Ladd or Demers or some other UFA/RFA, they will carry their full cap hit from the 15-16 season. So I guess the answer is yes if I understand the question right.

:nhl

Once the remaining teams give the list for their protected players, we can start the draft. Also the first 10 rounds are posted in the draft. Will post the other 10 later.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
All nonprotected players enter the dispersal draft. All players not selected in the dispersal draft will not be available for the rest of this game. If you select Ladd or Demers or some other UFA/RFA, they will carry their full cap hit from the 15-16 season. So I guess the answer is yes if I understand the question right.

:nhl

Once the remaining teams give the list for their protected players, we can start the draft. Also the first 10 rounds are posted in the draft. Will post the other 10 later.

Yup, thanks. Just want to clarify the cap-hits when making my list.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
:rangers

Forwards:

Derick Brassard
Mats Zuccarello
J.T. Miller
Derek Stepan
Rick Nash

Defenseman:

Ryan McDonagh
Keith Yandle
Kevin Klein

Goalie:

Henrik Lundqvist

Prospects:

Pavel Buchnevich
Igor Sheshtyorkin
Brady Skjei
Ryan Graves
Ryan Gropp

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
:stars

Players: Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Jason Spezza, Patrick Sharp, Valeri Nichushkin, Radek Faksa, John Klingberg, Kris Russell,
Goalie: Kari Lehtonen
Prospects: Julius Honka, Jason Dickinson, Cole Ully, Denis Guryanov, Mattias Backman

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
:nucks

Hank Sedin
Dank Sedin
Bo Horvat
Sven Baertschi
Jake Virtanen

Alex Edler
Ben Hutton
Chris Tanev