Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Sharks claim D Ty Emberson off waivers from the Rangers

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Could this guy make the Sharks?

I doubt it. Having watched him live and up close in preseason with NYR, he screams career minor leaguer.

Just an okay skater, and pretty much meh at everything else too. Wasn’t getting walked or anything but was usually chasing the play rather than controlling it.

I’d imagine there are better options for SJS at nhl level

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Okhotyuk has to go through waivers if he is not on the roster. So he better make the team or he is gone.
It sounds like he will from the early reports.

The guy you’re responding to is weird about the sharks and acts like some all knowing deity about them. He mentions Vlasic is banged up but Simek is also banged up. I don’t even know if Vlasic is actually hurt. If I had to guess switch Okhotiuk with Simek who has been god awful. I’d guess it’s Ferraro, Okhotiuk, and Vlasic with one of Knyzhov, Simek, or MacDonald as 7D.
Gone where? Unlikely he’s claimed on waivers.
Why do you say that? Big defensive young D, 800k cap hit, young, underrated puck movement.

Seems like exactly the type of guy teams would take a chance on for free.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
He mentions Vlasic is banged up but Simek is also banged up. I don’t even know if Vlasic is actually hurt.
I haven’t heard anything about Vlasic being hurt plus he played in the pre-season game against the Kings last night. Why play a vet who is banged up in a pre-season game?

Mike Grier worked for the Rangers before he was hired by the Sharks. He has some insight on this player. He obviously sees a place for Emberson on the Sharks.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I haven’t heard anything about Vlasic being hurt plus he played in the pre-season game against the Kings last night. Why play a vet who is banged up in a pre-season game?

Mike Grier worked for the Rangers before he was hired by the Sharks. He has some insight on this player. He obviously sees a place for Emberson on the Sharks.
I think one of the biggest things with Emberson is he’s a RHD. Sharks RHD depth right now is Benning, Rutta, Burroughs, Gawanke, Laroque and now Emberson. That’s a whole lot of not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad