Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Sharks claim D Ty Emberson off waivers from the Rangers

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That's why I am surprised, the Sharks defence is basically stay-at-home D's galore already.

Yeah after Karlsson they don't have a guy that can run a power play. I don't know what happened to Smith. He was an outstanding CHL defenseman but both the Devils and the Pens kind go gave up on him. Not seeing him very often the last couple years my thoughts are there may be issues with his defensive play and/or just overall confidence. For young D those are things that can really stymie their progress.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
They're giving Thrun PP time in camp and he has potential and the brains for it, he just needs to prove it.

And Gawanke will very likely get a chance to show his offensive skill. Our PP has sucked for years now anyways ever sonce Jumbo left so the oppoetunity is there.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You should start adding these up, I'd be curious what the finally tally of waiver payouts is at the end of each season
I agree do more unpaid labour! I'll pay in likes

Everyone follow the board rules so the mods have free time to make us charts and graphs

Reactions: uncleben and MMC

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
You should start adding these up, I'd be curious what the finally tally of waiver payouts is at the end of each season
I actually do! Haha

We're at $67,500 so far

Last year's was $944,250

The most since I started doing these waiver prices 7 years ago (holy jeez, how have I been doing these for 7 years already:amazed:) was in 2021-22 - $1,551,125!

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Yeah after Karlsson they don't have a guy that can run a power play. I don't know what happened to Smith. He was an outstanding CHL defenseman but both the Devils and the Pens kind go gave up on him. Not seeing him very often the last couple years my thoughts are there may be issues with his defensive play and/or just overall confidence. For young D those are things that can really stymie their progress.
Karlsson is so good his retained salary can run a PP!

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
1st Pair LD Ferraro RD Benning

lol

lmao even

both of those guys are more likely to sit in the press box than be our top pair.

and Thrun is absolutely making the team. he was our best Defenseman outside of EK65 the last two weeks of last season and has been tearing it up in the preseason.

Reactions: Eegs

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
lol

lmao even

both of those guys are more likely to sit in the press box than be our top pair.

and Thrun is absolutely making the team. he was our best Defenseman outside of EK65 the last two weeks of last season and has been tearing it up in the preseason.
San Jose is obviously tanking for the 1st overall pick in the 2024 draft, they may give Thrun a look early on in the season but it doesn’t make sense to shell a legitimate defensive prospect when this team is going to be caved night in and night out on defense.

I would like to see prospects like Thrun, Mukhamadullin and Okhotyuk make the team but Grier will play it safe and have the tweeners and the aging defenders get shelled for most of the season.

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
San Jose is obviously tanking for the 1st overall pick in the 2024 draft, they may give Thrun a look early on in the season but it doesn’t make sense to shell a legitimate defensive prospect when this team is going to be caved night in and night out on defense.

I would like to see prospects like Thrun, Mukhamadullin and Okhotyuk make the team but Grier will play it safe and have the tweeners and the aging defenders get shelled for most of the season.
Okhotyuk has to go through waivers if he is not on the roster. So he better make the team or he is gone.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad