Confirmed Buy-Out [SJS] Sharks buy-out F Rudolfs Balcers

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sens fans obsession with this player was Intense.

Lol we gave Balcers away so we could trade a 2nd for Stepan and he provided solid bottom 6 play for the Sharks for a couple years.

Not obsession so much as pointing out how stupid it was to make those moves. Nothing has changed on that front.

Reactions: Altimus

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Balcers is a good complimentary winger but the Sharks have no one for him to compliment. With Gregor taking a big step last year, Labanc coming back, Eklund coming up, Reedy/Chmelevski both needing full time spots, Barabanov resigning, and Kunin coming in there’s just no room for him.

Reactions: teddygmr

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Lol we gave Balcers away so we could trade a 2nd for Stepan and he provided solid bottom 6 play for the Sharks for a couple years.

Not obsession so much as pointing out how stupid it was to make those moves. Nothing has changed on that front.
Every fanbase is guilty of this exact thing - latching onto replacement-level players like they're superstars. Never change.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
This is stupid. Balcers may not be the greatest, but he is still better than the rest of our depth. He provides some scoring, which we desperately need.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I thought Balcers was a fairly physical bottom 6 player with some skill, or am I mistaken? Seems like the kind of guy most GM's consider hard to play against.
You are mistaken. He is fast and a decent forechecker, but "fairly physical" is not a description that fits him.

I think the issue is that the Sharks had a quite a few forwards that were legitimately 3rd liners but were playing throughout the top 9 because of a lack of depth. My sense is Grier has identified the players he wants for the actual 3rd line and is jettisoning those who he sees as not having the right skillset for that role.

Now, how does Grier plan on filling those holes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad