Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] F Luke Kunin signs extension with the Sharks (2 years, $2.75M AAV)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I liked Kunin with the Wild. He looked like he'd be a 20-20-40 middle six winger within a year or two. I knew he wasn't great last year, but I didn't realize he was 22 points bad. Seems like this contract may be an overpayment, but if he regains just half of his previous production rate, it'll be a decent contract.

On the plus side, he stayed healthy last year and is fairly young, so there's a chance.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Grier has made some interesting (bad) moves. None of his moves look good at the time of. I’m somehow going to end up eating crow but let’s remember the dude has 1 year of experience in management. He was the head of hockey ops. at NYR. That’s it, aside from being an NHL player his resume might be the worst all time for an NHL GM. Maybe John Chayka is up there too

Reactions: Sandisfan

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's a smart player. I think that he might have a "breakout" season sometime in the next 2/3 years, which for him means 40 points while playing a good all round game.

People on these boards act as if any player that doesn't score 40 points isn't an NHL'er, when in fact, 60% of forwards do not score that many.

Is he an important player? No. Is he a decent NHL depth player? Yes.

He sure as hell was a better pick for MN than Bellows, who was the guy many wanted instead of Kunin.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
He's a smart player. I think that he might have a "breakout" season sometime in the next 2/3 years, which for him means 40 points while playing a good all round game.

People on these boards act as if any player that doesn't score 40 points isn't an NHL'er, when in fact, 60% of forwards do not score that many.

Is he an important player? No. Is he a decent NHL depth player? Yes.

He sure as hell was a better pick for MN than Bellows, who was the guy many wanted instead of Kunin.
Not for us he wasn't. Stupid penalties at really bad times was his norm.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
And people screamed Engvall at 2,25 was bad...
Unless San Jose decided to let him walk he was always going to make more than that. That's how RFA contracts work. Luke Kunin's last deal was 2.3 millionx2, so he had to be qualified at 2.3 million at a minimum (since he makes over 1 million a year San Jose must offer him at least 100% to qualify him) Engvall got well over a qualifying offer from Toronto.

Edit: I have know idea what he did to deserve that 450k raise though

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad