Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] Alex Stalock for future considerations

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
What exactly are future considerations?
I’ve been watching hockey a long time and not once have I seen…”Edmonton takes San Jose’s 4th round pick as renumeration for a future considerations trade from 3 years ago…”
Or does the GM can get a free hot dog and beer at the next game at the receiving teams arena?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wonder how he looks in a Sharks jersey?

Found an artist rendition :sarcasm::
cut.jpg

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I’ve been watching hockey a long time and not once have I seen…”Edmonton takes San Jose’s 4th round pick as renumeration for a future considerations trade from 3 years ago…”
Or does the GM can get a free hot dog and beer at the next game at the receiving teams arena?

"Future considerations" used to mean something in the pre-cap era but nowadays it's just a fancier term for "nothing", to fulfill the requirements of a trade transaction.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Hot dog and a beer. Or "hey, don't put in a claim on someone we waive please".

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fringe NHL goalie who had a decent run with MN, then Covid completely messed him up. For guys like that, getting just a little bit out of shape is the difference between making it and not, and he literally could not workout for many, many months.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
More the latter

Sometimes when you see at the draft one team trade, say their 7th round pick this year for a 7th round pick next year, it may stem from, "Hey, remember that time I did you that favour and gave you that player for futures?"
But its never publicized or actually traced back that way. The future considerations just helps to build relationships and do a team or player a favour, so that you have good standing and can maybe get one down the road.

Like the reverse offer sheet

Last edited:

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Bottom feeder San Jose being more proactive about their goaltending, even though it can only hurt their draft position rather than help them win anything this year, vs Edmonton doing nothing about their goaltending, and pissing away another year of McDavid and Draisaitl.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bottom feeder San Jose being more proactive about their goaltending, even though it can only hurt their draft position rather than help them win anything this year, vs Edmonton doing nothing about their goaltending, and pissing away another year of McDavid and Draisaitl.
If Stalock reels off some wins and starts killing it, we'll trade him back to Edmonton for a 2nd rounder. How's that for a future consideration.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Stalock reels off some wins and starts killing it, we'll trade him back to Edmonton for a 2nd rounder. How's that for a future consideration.

He couldn't out play Skinner or a rookie goalie in the AHL ,so what makes you think he is NHL worthy . I'm willing to send you Mike Smith for your 2nd round pick and Reimer plus as a deal breaker I will send your future consideration back to you :naughty::naughty::naughty:.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He couldn't out play Skinner or a rookie goalie in the AHL ,so what makes you think he is NHL worthy . I'm willing to send you Mike Smith for your 2nd round pick and Reimer plus as a deal breaker I will send your future consideration back to you :naughty::naughty::naughty:.
I wouldn’t even take Smith+2nd for Reimer…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad