Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Dylan DeMelo re-signs with Sharks [2 years/900K AAV]

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Aww, I was looking forward to possible poaching opportunities if we could trade Savard for something shiny.

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to stick with our blueline as is.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Aww, I was looking forward to possible poaching opportunities if we could trade Savard for something shiny.

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to stick with our blueline as is.

I promise you, there is only one emotion that you should feel about this. And it’s very happy.

Same goes for 30 other NHL teams. You should all be ecstatic that the Sharks just signed one of the worst players in the NHL to a 2-year contract.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I promise you, there is only one emotion that you should feel about this. And it’s very happy.

Same goes for 30 other NHL teams. You should all be ecstatic that the Sharks just signed one of the worst players in the NHL to a 2-year contract.

Can you elaborate? What’s the knock on him? I don’t know the player well at all but his numbers are decent and he’s pretty young for a defender. Was surprised they didn’t qualify him. Just to avoid the possibility of arb. I guess?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Can you elaborate? What’s the knock on him? I don’t know the player well at all but his numbers are decent and he’s pretty young for a defender. Was surprised they didn’t qualify him. Just to avoid the possibility of arb. I guess?
He has no exceptional skill and arguably no good hockey skill. Very, at best, average skillset. He also has the poise of a goldfish.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
tumblr_nprfcfY4pn1sap6dio2_500.gif

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Shark fans irrationally hate on him.

Watching him make mistake after mistake after mistake all year long and yet watching Debor still throw him out there every game over Heed whom many sharks fans feel is a better option than Demalo is irrational? Demalo was terrible last year. We have a better option in Heed in house. Re signing Demalo means Heed will sit in the press box most nights again if not traded. That seems like a pretty rational reason to dislike this signing.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Watching him make mistake after mistake after mistake all year long and yet watching Debor still throw him out there every game over Heed whom many sharks fans feel is a better option than Demalo is irrational? Demalo was terrible last year. We have a better option in Heed in house. Re signing Demalo means Heed will sit in the press box most nights again if not traded. That seems like a pretty rational reason to dislike this signing.

I was on the Heed-wagon before anyone. I thought he should have been playing all year.

But if you throw that out, if people didn't see that Demelo was much, much better the last 20-25 games of the season and the playoffs, they just wanted to hate him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Excellent deal, wish Dubas matched that.

I think that similar to the Tavares case, DeMelo only wanted to play here. Dubas could have offered $1.06363M/2Y(~118% of the contract that DeMelo got, same as Tavares was offered by SJ), and DeMelo would have stayed here.

I can’t imagine DeMelo didn’t get offers of at least $1M as soon as he hit the open market, given his 20 points and >.3PPG as a right-handed defenseman. But every other team is lucky that DeMelo loves the Sharks and the Sharks love him.

woohoodude11

Jun 25, 2015
Schaumburg, IL
The only people that are excited about this Sharks fan wise are the people that comment "Dilly Dilly" on any Sharks fb post involving Dillon/DeMelo. :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad