Size vs speed

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Big but slow would be IMO the Jets, Caps, Flyers and our Sens.
Fast but small are the Habs, Devils, Hawks and Wings.

I wouldn't put the Hawks in the same sentence as the Habs, they aren't that small.

As for the poll, I'm hand-cuffed. Neither is a good choice.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
I wouldn't put the Hawks in the same sentence as the Habs, they aren't that small.

As for the poll, I'm hand-cuffed. Neither is a good choice.

Which is the point of this poll. We all want a big, fast, skilled team, but that ain't happening anytime soon.

Just want to gauge how the Sens fan base would like to craft this team given that restriction.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why can't you have big players who are also fast? Today's NHL has many examples of it, it doesn't have to be one or the other & as many have said it's a combination that builds a good hockey team. Stone is an example of a big slow player who goes to the net & scores a lot of goals within a few feet of the net. Hoffman is a good example of a smaller player that can beat players with his speed. I prefer the bigger players but both are good players & I wouldn't want a team of big slow players. I would prefer a team of big fast players though given the choice.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Speed is probably more important than size at the end of the day

Look at Chicago

The Senators used to be a fast team under Martin, now we try to play a fast game but do not have the personel for it (outside of Karlsson)

WhiteLight*

Schwartz - Granlund - St. Louis
Marchand - Desharnais - Gallagher
Cogliano - Johnson - Atkinson
Gerbe - Pageau - Tootoo

Greene - Spurgeon
Enstrom - Barrie
Gustafsson - Russell
Bouillon

Khudobin
Halak

This is a playoff team boys

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Schwartz - Granlund - St. Louis
Marchand - Desharnais - Gallagher
Cogliano - Johnson - Atkinson
Gerbe - Pageau - Tootoo

Greene - Spurgeon
Enstrom - Barrie
Gustafsson - Russell
Bouillon

Khudobin
Halak

This is a playoff team boys

Unless the NHL puts up a sign saying "you must be this tall to enter the playoffs."

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
how about last playoffs with us vs the Habs? that was a pretty good example of size vs speed albeit neither team were skilled

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
how about last playoffs with us vs the Habs? that was a pretty good example of size vs speed albeit neither team were skilled

As much as I like to gloat about that series the Habs were already in meltdown mode going into the playoffs and Price was hurt

Also, Chicago vs Boston was a good example of size vs speed and speed clearly won

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
SPEED

it's a game of speed and skill and teams without it get big guys and try to slow it down. Now if you have skilled big guys it's perfect, but there are very few players that have it all.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
This team would look a hell of a lot faster if they replaced Cowen, Phillips and probably Gryba with some D-men who can make a decent breakout pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad