Sitwell Enterprises II is live, join now

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Alright boys i'm your (Temporary) Commish for Sitwell. Just for the offseason. I've ran two moderately successful offseasons in Bluth and i fully expect Sitwell to go equally as well. GMs have until tomorrow at 4pm CST to get any pre-draft trades in.

I'll be advancing all the way THROUGH the DRAFT at 4pm tomorrow.
This is my first off-season so I apologize if this is a dumb question but I was a non-playoff team so I've been out of the loop, the only thing I need to do at the moment is set my draft priority (which I've actually already done) correct?

btw...loving the detailed schedule outlined above, especially the dates!

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
Alright boys i'm your (Temporary) Commish for Sitwell. Just for the offseason. I've ran two moderately successful offseasons in Bluth and i fully expect Sitwell to go equally as well. GMs have until tomorrow at 4pm CST to get any pre-draft trades in.

I'll be advancing all the way THROUGH the DRAFT at 4pm tomorrow.

Lots of time ;-)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This is my first off-season so I apologize if this is a dumb question but I was a non-playoff team so I've been out of the loop, the only thing I need to do at the moment is set my draft priority (which I've actually already done) correct?

btw...loving the detailed schedule outlined above, especially the dates!

Yes, that is all that is required if you want to be able to choose which players your drafting department wants to go for first.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Sensi still has to make me commissioner. Until that happens i cannot do any advancing obviously. Consider the official deadline to get trades in 4pm CST though, any extra time will just be bonus time i guess.

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
Sensi still has to make me commissioner. Until that happens i cannot do any advancing obviously. Consider the official deadline to get trades in 4pm CST though, any extra time will just be bonus time i guess.

I'm online now for the night so whenever you get the power I can get booted and accepted, then get Vancouvers trade through before the draft

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Alright boys the Re-Sign phase has begun! The first advance of this phase will be tonight at 12am CST. This is more of a "reward" phase for the GMs who are online to get a quick glance of who did and did not accept their new contract offers. There are still 2-3 more advances before July 1st so GMs will have plenty of time to sign their guys.

Also, if you havn't already, send me a friend request xX BO0TY Sweat (second "O" is a zero)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Advancing now. GMs should be able to send their next round of contract offers in. Next advance will be tomorrow at 8pm CST

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
hmm will the :habs be shown any leniency in signing guys it's total bs I didn't even make a trade this season and now i'm still unable to lock down Subban. I have only signed Desharnais so far because he was a ufa but there are several guys that I should be able to sign that I can't because of this EA **** up.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I could really use that amnesty buyout about now. Keith Ballard has had the last 2 years of his contract bought out so I can (hopefully) afford Corey Perry.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
But out your prospect scrubs. The buy out penalty is only temporary. Should clear up atleast $2-3 mil

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
But out your prospect scrubs. The buy out penalty is only temporary. Should clear up atleast $2-3 mil

I'll give it a whirl. I knew about the trouble the Mtl GM had in Bluth but I thought it originated from bring in a couple high salaries I guess not.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
hmm will the :habs be shown any leniency in signing guys it's total bs I didn't even make a trade this season and now i'm still unable to lock down Subban. I have only signed Desharnais so far because he was a ufa but there are several guys that I should be able to sign that I can't because of this EA **** up.

How did EA screw up?

Gomez counts against your cap in the offseason. Isn't that the core of your problem?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Advancing now. GMs should be able to send their next round of contract offers in. Next advance will be tomorrow at 8pm CST

Do we have a schedule for the remaining advances?

One at 8 p.m. CST tonight, but what from there?

I assume we will hit July 1 by tomorrow night, right?

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
How did EA screw up?

Gomez counts against your cap in the offseason. Isn't that the core of your problem?

Gomez also played on my roster the whole year with no problem. I didn't bury anyone in the minors, unless of course you consider not playing Galchenyuk and his 3.25 cap hit and Beaulieu and Tinordi 1mil+. Ea screwed up because you cannot spend to your true cap it's already been fully explained and I knew about it I just assumed that since I didn't touch the roster they would all fit under.

Also Booty buying out the scrubs was a bad idea I just did and it reduced my available cap haha now i'm in worse trouble and don't have my prospects.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Gomez also played on my roster the whole year with no problem. I didn't bury anyone in the minors, unless of course you consider not playing Galchenyuk and his 3.25 cap hit and Beaulieu and Tinordi 1mil+. Ea screwed up because you cannot spend to your true cap it's already been fully explained and I knew about it I just assumed that since I didn't touch the roster they would all fit under.

Also Booty buying out the scrubs was a bad idea I just did and it reduced my available cap haha now i'm in worse trouble and don't have my prospects.

It takes your 23 biggest contracts, I think. I had to buy out the big ELCs in another league because they don't develop anyway. There's no offseason cushion, that's the problem, but MTL and NYR always seem to have the most problems.

To the buyouts--did you try existing the contracts screen and reentering? It seems that sometimes clears the space--but I've also had to wait until the next window before.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012

Thought he said buy out your scrubs, not prospects.

You should have moved Gomez last season for a draft pick to a team with a lot of cap.

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
Thought he said buy out your scrubs, not prospects.

You should have moved Gomez last season for a draft pick to a team with a lot of cap.

Tried. Everyone wanted Galchenyuk with Gomez to take on the cap. Leafs might have scrubs but everyone on the Habs is a prospect haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad