Recalled/Assigned: Sissons, Tinordi, and Trenin are back

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="#Preds hashtag on Twitter">#Preds</a> have recalled forwards Colton Sissons and Yakov Trenin and defenseman Jarred Tinordi from Milwaukee (AHL) &gt;&gt; <a href="Preds Recall Sissons, Trenin, Tinordi from Milwaukee">Preds Recall Sissons, Trenin, Tinordi from Milwaukee</a></p>&mdash; Nashville Preds PR (@PredsPR) <a href="">January 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This looks to be last chance looks at Trenin and Tinordi. Trenin is a UFA at the end of the season and Tinordi is 27. What is confusing is Sissions sent down to recondition but never played a game????? One would think they would give him a game or two before returning, with a new contract Sissions seems safe for a roster spot but then again who knows.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
And by last chance he means first chance in which he has played extremely well.
Actually no last chance looks are appropriate. Tinordi is 27 and is getting a last look. Trenin is 23 and while he has done well this season in the AHL last year 33 points in 74 games is not exactly setting the house afire. And yes I did make the UFA mistake that does not change the fact that he needs a contract. If he were better he would assuredly be on the roster now. But this is his chance to earn a contract or be trade bait for a pick in the draft. At 23 he does not fit into a rebuild that seems to be coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The way I see it... trenin has looked great and deserves a real look. Not sure how things are going to shake up when sissons jumps back in. We may see a trade in the coming week.

tinordi.... I guess they’re giving him an audition as 3rd pairing dman for next season. Weber, Irwin, and hamhuis are ufa

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The way I see it... trenin has looked great and deserves a real look. Not sure how things are going to shake up when sissons jumps back in. We may see a trade in the coming week.

tinordi.... I guess they’re giving him an audition as 3rd pairing dman for next season. Weber, Irwin, and hamhuis are ufa
Kind of what I figure. They know the 3 of them are done so they are giving someone else a chance to earn a spot. If he doesn't fit they move on from him too

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Trenin should be on the team from here on out. Even if we don't trade Granlund or Smith, I think Trenin has proven that he belongs.
Forsberg - Duchene - Granlund
Jarnkrok - Johansen - Arvidsson
Grimaldi - Bonino - Smith
Watson - Sissons - Turris
... our healthy, no trades forward lineup has 12 slots filled. I think Trenin is at bare minimum our 13th best on should be on the team permanently. Although full credit to Blackwell who has played surprisingly well. But Trenin brings more of the size we need. Of course in reality we should expect at least Granlund traded away at the deadline, so there should be that much more room to keep Trenin.

The one redeeming feature I see about having Tinordi back... perhaps it signals that the team finally recognizes a need for some size and toughness on the bottom pair? Tinordi may not ultimately have the necessary abilities to stick in the NHL. But at least he represents a "style" of D that we have lacked, and maybe by trying him out there they might be tipping their hand about how they propose to stylistically upgrade the D down the road?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad