Single Player Evaluation

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I was wondering if someone can help me do a single player evaluation using all advanced stats that are available for this year. I am just trying to get an unbiased opinion on certain players and would like some help drawing conclusions form these stats.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's an incredibly broad topic. If you're looking for sources we have several listed in our intro post (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=78276297)

In addition (and ones I'll likely add to it) sites like stats.hockeyanalysis.com and extraskater.com provide a solid list of sortable stats.

Perhaps if you're more specific in what you're looking for, we can try and point you in the right direction.

soireeculturelle

Jan 7, 2014
When I do single player evaluations, I like to look find comparables for the player. Nobody exists in a vaccum, especially in a team game like hockey. The player in comparison to teammates is important (for things like Corsi, special teams ice time, points/60 etc) but it's also worth finding some players who are older and have similar numbers up to the player's current age, and players of the same age/position with similar career rates. Before looking at how good a 36 year-old defenseman is or will be, it'd be very helpful to know how good can we expect ANY 36 year-old defenseman in the modern era to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad