Since our forwards are limited we need Krug BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just want to see if anyone agrees with this point?

Look I have seen a lot of crap posted that Dougies emergence and Warso being close to NHL level can compensate for if we lose or don't have Torey but I think that is very false. Krug is good for almost a goal a game he creates offense out of nowhere noone else really does it on our team. Of course we have some good opportune players who produce statistically but Krug is our only something out of nothing guy.

I think this team is way to similar to early 2010 when we missed Kessel and couldn't score in a brothel. Gagne and Leino belong in Sweden or Russia IMO worth vet minimum and definitely good to have so our only option isn't kids but we have to deal with both being limited/flawed or roll with Florek/Fraser/Caron. Pick your poison kids who aren't ready and wont amount to much at this level or two guys who were legit NHLers once upon a time but really belong in Switzerland/Sweden.

Erikkson looks worthless without his countryman so hes either a luxury 3rd line wing who contributes or is a black hole in the top 6. He sucked so badly with Bergy last year that it looks like he will be worse with DK and Looch. We have real flaws and I think we need Krugs offense on the back end more than anyone wants to admit.

Most on here would put the emphasis on signing Reilly first due to not being as thin on D but I think Krug is the more important guy. Dude is dynamite offensively he is an offensive equal to Letang and Karlsson lets get him signed pronto to make up for our forwards being patch jobs. You gotta remember if Marchand gets drilled again and takes another concussion we are in a world of trouble and Lucic also can have niggling injuries and be limited offensively great talent but he can dissapear I believe Torey Krug is the answer to not being at 2010 levels of offensive ineptitude.

Not to mention you can't trust this coach to make adjustments on the lines he will persist with bad combos that don't work.

Anyways want to see other opinions on this and if people think Krug is as vital as I think. Would appreciate this not being merged if possible mods lot of really knowledgeable hockey people on this forum so looking forward to waking up to some direct answers.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Krug is vital. Absolutely. Why should he get paid well below market value because Chia couldn't swallow his pride and not use a free buyout on Kelly?

In the Habs series he could have had 6 or 7 more points from nice set-ups where guys didn't finish. I love Warsofsky and want to see him in the NHL but Krug is special.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Even though I think the OP is overating Krug a bit, they do need him, he fits an important role on the team.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful about our management, Chiarelli needs to get off his ass and make a trade to create some capspace. He should have done this in June/July.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This has been one weird summer for sure. Chia has usually been pro-active with his decision making so far but the last few years he's shown that he really loves the players on this team to the point of (IMO) stagnation. I'm somewhat surprised that he hasn't been pushed by Cam to making some strong difficult choices. This is going from being an "interesting" situation to now a somewhat annoying one. I'm curious what he's going to do to clean up some space before next week but starting to worry that he just afraid to make moves.
Everyone talks about the "window" closing in the next few years and as Chicago has shown in order to stay on top you have to take care of first things first. It's time, right now for him to do what he needs to do.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Krug is vital. Absolutely. Why should he get paid well below market value because Chia couldn't swallow his pride and not use a free buyout on Kelly?

In the Habs series he could have had 6 or 7 more points from nice set-ups where guys didn't finish. I love Warsofsky and want to see him in the NHL but Krug is special.

I thought it was not permitted to buy out a player who is injured?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love our centers as much as any team like our wingers and prospects. Maybe I'm just to optimistic and are listening to the wrong people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad