Since no sports, are you drinking more...or less?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
More. Too many game nights with other couples over the internet.

Those Jackbox games are incredibly addicting when you have 6-8 players.

Also add in an online poker night and the beers come out.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Significantly more.

Like two bottles of whiskey per week.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Picked up these bad boys...

View attachment 345668

These guys pack almost 10% alcohol per bottle. So after a 4 pack you are already buzzed and beyond. The Kentucky Barrel ale is excellent if you haven’t had, gotta pick it up. Most beer stores that have craft beer should stock it.
Gonna try, thanks for the heads up. Use to be a huge beer drinker, but for me......was cheaper to "drink alcohol". From time to time I have a few oil cans. Will try these for the heck of it. Thanks.

Reactions: Leonardo87

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Even if I've been drinking less in times of crisis people do tend to drink more. The largest liquor store in my area I know is going to town. Not just more customers but customers buying more. That's okay. I imagine if we have weed emporiums in NYS they'd be doing even better. That would be fine too.

'Pack up your troubles and just get happy
ya better chase all your cares away
sing, hallelujah, c'mon get happy
get ready for the judgement day.

Now that's kind of like a drinking or even a weed smoking song to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
These times are enough of a depressant. Trying not to add Alcohol on top of that.
Same here. I’m finding silver linings but in general this situation is fairly sad, if not depressing. These days I’m not much interested in booze. Hoping things turn around soon!

Reactions: bl02

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When you have drank, how'd you deal with the lack of smoking? Unsure I'll be able to not smoke after drinking when I eventually quit.
So, I've only drank with my wife in the period of time since I've quit. Since we've been quarantined, I haven't been able to go out and drink socially. That's what scares me, drinking when I'm out socially.

However, I mentioned I had cut back on drinking for other reasons, and that was a falling out with a couple friends that cut me off from my hard drinking/hard smoking group. So now the people I socialize with, only a small amount of them smoke. Before, it was like all of them.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
When you have drank, how'd you deal with the lack of smoking? Unsure I'll be able to not smoke after drinking when I eventually quit.

I'm off them about 2 years. The beginning was hard - didn't drink much. When I started again, I only did at home first. Or a restaurant at dinner.

I avoided the bars. If I was going to a BBQ where I knew friends would be smoking outside, I didn't drink.

Eventually the cravings wane. It's just about doing your best to avoid smokers when you're drinking until you adjust.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I was, and started eating pretty poorly, but realized this isn’t the time to pick up bad habits. I’ll have an occasional drink every now and then, but I mainly focus on eating and continuing working out (bought some equipment before this all started getting serious. I figured it was going to explode at any moment).

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I quit smoking a little over 3 years ago. For me, not having a smoke after drinking was definitely the weirder adjustment than just quitting cigarettes themselves lol.

I did what @East Coast Bias posted. Cutting down on drinking during my beginning phase of quitting made the process easier.

Gosh bless anyone quitting smoking (especially in this current calamity lmfao).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Picked up these bad boys...

View attachment 345668

These guys pack almost 10% alcohol per bottle. So after a 4 pack you are already buzzed and beyond. The Kentucky Barrel ale is excellent if you haven’t had, gotta pick it up. Most beer stores that have craft beer should stock it.

KBB is my all time favorite beer and well worth its price tag.

Early on I was drinking significantly more than normal and I think it was out of boredom. As I have adjusted, it has steadily gone down and fell off a cliff as I started dieting along with a rigorous workout schedule to prepare for my summer beach trip.

So, I've only drank with my wife in the period of time since I've quit. Since we've been quarantined, I haven't been able to go out and drink socially. That's what scares me, drinking when I'm out socially.

However, I mentioned I had cut back on drinking for other reasons, and that was a falling out with a couple friends that cut me off from my hard drinking/hard smoking group. So now the people I socialize with, only a small amount of them smoke. Before, it was like all of them.

I'm in the process of trying to quit smoking too. But, when I say quit, it really only means smoking when I have more than a few drinks. I haven't smoked a cigarette without an accompanying alcoholic beverage in 8-9 years.

The hardest part is usually my 3rd drink. That is when the cravings kick in.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The passing of my father is really what made me want to quit. All I wanted was for my daughter to have really fond memories of him, to know him as a semi-adult at least. She's 4, so, probably won't happen. We have pictures and videos, but that's it. The actual memories will fade. And to see how devastating it has been for my Mom. Just awful. So, I couldn't in good conscience smoke and maybe die at 50 or something and leave my wife for that long and never meet my grand kids and all that.

f***ing sucks though. I don't have many cravings, but when I do they're intense. And I could absolutely drive down to the bodega, grab a pack, and be back to it like I never quit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad