Simple poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG9NK35DT8*

no there will not be a season, and the funny thing is i dont even care and dont even miss it.I dont know why.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
AG9NK35DT8 said:
no there will not be a season, and the funny thing is i dont even care and dont even miss it.I dont know why.

I feel the same. Two reasons. One, I have been very pessimistic about a settlement so pretty much resigned for some time now. Second, because the season would be greatly shortened, a couple of months worth of games, it would not even feel like a real season. The playoffs would be marred in my view too.

SPARTAKUS*

No. And Bettman and Goodenow should be fire. These two men are acting like 10 year old kid. The worst part is they're killing the game and thet don't even care. Bettman wants its cap and Goodenow wants its free market and the hell with the fans.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
No...however I remain optimistic that IF they'd just meet the way they did last time for the CBA, they'd get one done.

MacDaddy TLC*

NYVanfan said:
just to take the temperature of the minds on this board at this point....

what do you think?

will there be hockey this season?
there already is hockey this year, just not NHL. And whether or not they play this year, I don't care anymore. Just give CBC the ok to give Hockey Night in Canada the right to negotiate to show some other league's games (OHL, WHJL, QMJHL, CIS and NCAA)

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
I feel the same. Two reasons. One, I have been very pessimistic about a settlement so pretty much resigned for some time now. Second, because the season would be greatly shortened, a couple of months worth of games, it would not even feel like a real season. The playoffs would be marred in my view too.

Although I understand your sediments, I feel the opposite. If a season were to commence, the games would be so much better, minus the first 2 weeks or so as they get back to playing. Teams wouldn't have the luxury of taking their time getting going and picking it up around X-mas or so like a few teams do every season. Every game would be more crucial. The playoffs would still have the same impact, but the difference being teams wouldn't be as drained from a long season. The playoffs could be even more entertaining, theoretically. Sadly, I don't believe that there will be a season anyway, so maybe my points are all for not!!!
:(

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ti-vite said:
This season no.

Same poll next January...maybe.

Doubtful. The average NHL career is what, 5 or 6 years, tops? The vast majority of players have lost perhaps 20% of their lifetime earnings . . . will they willingly make that 30% or 40%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad