WJC: Simple Poll - Who Will Win The World Juniors?

Who Will Win The World Juniors

• Total voters

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Finland will shock everyone once again and drop Canada in the semifinals.
Wouldn't be shocked at all if Canada doesn't get the goaltending, and they very well may not. Everyone is going wild over the talent on this team and the skaters are formidable but like a lot of years lately we simply aren't confident on what kind of work we will have between the pipes or even who will be between it yet.And this is one of the most questionable years in that regard to boot.

Canada is running away with this poll but I just don't think this team is another 2005 version where they were so ahead of the competition it hardly mattered if daffy duck was in nets. Some fans may be in for a surprise concerning this team, especially with no little to no game action leading into this thing.

Reactions: novisor

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Canada easily has the best team on paper, USA looks really solid and a tough out but the uncertainty and turmoil over the past 9-10 months primes this tournament for the unexpected to happen, perhaps a few times.

I'll go with Russia on a hunch to take the gold and one of USA and Canada gets bounced in the first elimination game. (Btw, I'm terrible at predictions, on anything and everything, cursed some say, so most likely Russia doesn't even make the cut, and it's a USA/Canada final)

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
I vote Canada for Gold.

I recognize there could be goalie issues etc with Canada
but ultimately I think it will come down to health and injuries.

If Canada stays Covid clean we are Golden.

The goalie is approximately 60% of the team. A bad goalie can ruin Canadas golden dream, and that rather easy.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Canadian picking the USA.

Canada's goalies are to much of an unknown and I believe Knight will be a beast this tourney.

I would say if there’s one goalie that can beat Canada it’s Askarov, the American defence are weak in my opinion and knight was pedestrian last year against Canada whilst Askarov singlehandedly carried this Russian age group past Canada at hlinka

Easy prediction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad