WJC: Simple Poll - Who Will Win The World Juniors?

Who Will Win The World Juniors

• Total voters

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Jesus is this supposed to be an easy tournament for canada or are there a lot of Canadians voting? I know canada is looking good but I haven't been paying attention to other countries.

Oct 18, 2011
Canada has the best team on paper, who knows how so many of these guys not playing affects the tournament..

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
WEW HEW!!!

This is my second "poll" with LOTS of votes. I need to come up with another one. Polls are fun to make.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Canadian picking the USA.

Canada's goalies are to much of an unknown and I believe Knight will be a beast this tourney.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
On paper, Canada is the clear and enormous favourite.

Unfortunately, games have to be played out on the ice. I think USA, Russia, and Sweden all have good chances against us given the potential disparity in goaltending and their own solid teams. Also, this year will be more random than ever with guys having had much fewer league games to get into form.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
We're having fun but I agree, we should not assume Canada will win in a walk. Maybe if our players had more practice time, maybe if we had better goaltending, maybe if this wasn't 2020, but the U.S., Russia, Sweden and Finland could win so...

Reactions: dukeofjive

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I'm genuinely unsure what to think about Russia, Sweden, and the US. Some say the Russian's are poised for a trip to the final and Craig Button was basically stroking himself to the idea of their defense - then I see other posters saying that the Russian's actually have a sub-par team outside of the goaltending. The US looks stacked with a lot of returning players, but I don't seem to get the feeling they will be a juggernaut this year.

I got to go with my gut though, and that means picking safe... Austria for Gold.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm genuinely unsure what to think about Russia, Sweden, and the US. Some say the Russian's are poised for a trip to the final and Craig Button was basically stroking himself to the idea of their defense - then I see other posters saying that the Russian's actually have a sub-par team outside of the goaltending. The US looks stacked with a lot of returning players, but I don't seem to get the feeling they will be a juggernaut this year.

I got to go with my gut though, and that means picking safe... Austria for Gold.
You've convinced me... Austria it is.

Reactions: novisor

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Canadian picking the USA.

Canada's goalies are to much of an unknown and I believe Knight will be a beast this tourney.
I would say if there’s one goalie that can beat Canada it’s Askarov, the American defence are weak in my opinion and knight was pedestrian last year against Canada whilst Askarov singlehandedly carried this Russian age group past Canada at hlinka

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Going off the board here, and picking Russian Gold. If any team is going to upset Canada (huge upset if Canada doesn’t win this) I’m thinking the Russian goalie could do it by stealing the win in a one game playoff.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
942211614.gif

Best gif wins the gold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad