Recalled/Assigned: Simon Moser

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Nothing official yet. Someone has to be sent down or put on IR as we've got 23 players.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
No official press release yet, but the Preds website does have it changed already!

stals_zps39bdefc1.jpg

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
According to a tweet of his agent Moser should play if he's able to get there. His flight has been cancelled due to the snow.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
This is just Poile messing with the Swiss olympic team :D

After leaving Bobby Ryan off, he can't take any chances. ;-)

If the Preds do become sellers at the deadline, then it might be a good opportunity to take a look at some of the kids in the pipeline so they know their needs in the off-season better. Moser better grab his chance.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012

Nashville Predators Reassign Moser and Sissons to Milwaukee
Sunday, 02.02.2014 / 10:40 AM / News
By Press Release - Nashville Predators

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons to Milwaukee (AHL).

Moser made his NHL debut last night in St. Louis, playing 10:21, while Sissons has appeared in Nashville’s past three games, notching an assist in his first career game on Tuesday at Winnipeg.

Looks like Moser and Sissons sent back to MKE already. Not surprised with the Olympic break coming up soon.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

Nashville Predators Reassign Moser and Sissons to Milwaukee
Sunday, 02.02.2014 / 10:40 AM / News
By Press Release - Nashville Predators

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons to Milwaukee (AHL).

Moser made his NHL debut last night in St. Louis, playing 10:21, while Sissons has appeared in Nashville’s past three games, notching an assist in his first career game on Tuesday at Winnipeg.

Looks like Moser and Sissons sent back to MKE already. Not surprised with the Olympic break coming up soon.

4 days off in between games, makes sense $-crunchers approve

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I thought Moser played well for his 1st game. Preds reassigned him back to Milwaukee along with Sissons. Not sure if that means he'll be able to go Swiss prep camp or not. Preds don't play again till next Thursday and want guys to play. They kept Beck so aren't expecting Cullen, Spaling and Stalberg to all come back next week.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I thought Moser played well for his 1st game. Preds reassigned him back to Milwaukee along with Sissons. Not sure if that means he'll be able to go Swiss prep camp or not. Preds don't play again till next Thursday and want guys to play. They kept Beck so aren't expecting Cullen, Spaling and Stalberg to all come back next week.

Milwaukee is short on forwards and has been for a week or so. They have been playing 7 D-men and rotating a winger to fill in up front. Previously, Scott Valentine has played the wing for several games. One other D-man played one game at wing.

The Admirals play at home on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Preds recall Simon Moser: Link

Not sure if this means someonone is still injured and out till after the Olympic break or what.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Interesting that Moser is called up before sissons. I guess they want a warm body for these last two games for a 3rd/4th line role and would rather let sissons develop in the AHL over the next week or so.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Interesting that Moser is called up before sissons. I guess they want a warm body for these last two games for a 3rd/4th line role and would rather let sissons develop in the AHL over the next week or so.

Probably so that Sissons can keep playing during the Olympic break. Moser will already be playing as he will be competing in the Olympics.

I am not sure how exactly this applies but this portion what I have read may be why it's Moser and not Sissons.

Waiver-exempt players who do NOT meet the 87-day or 16-game criteria ARE eligible for loan at anytime prior to the Olympic break through 5 p.m. on the day following the NHL team's final game before the Olympic Break.

If these players are NOT loaned back prior to that 5 p.m. deadline, they will be ineligible for loan for the remainder of the Olympic break.

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...rned_by_specific_nhl_transaction_rules_d.html

What I am not sure about is, it says by 5 pm the day after the team's last game before the break. Well the last game is on the 8th and break starts on the 9th so I am unsure how this is applied. It may be somewhere else on the boards here but I am not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad