Simon Hjalmarsson

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Could anyone give me some info on this kid. I see he had a nice WJC. Where could we see him drafted? Maybe for those who have seen him, what are his strengths and weaknesses. Thanks in advance

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
he is a bit small, but doesnt shy away from physichal play. very fast on he's skates and is extremely skilled with the puck. he is mainly a goal scorer, but is also a good playmaker.

i can see someone picking him late in the first round, but early second is more likely.

outKast*

he is a bit small, but doesnt shy away from physichal play. very fast on he's skates and is extremely skilled with the puck. he is mainly a goal scorer, but is also a good playmaker.

i can see someone picking him late in the first round, but early second is more likely.
Would you say he's Vlateri Flippula Vol.2?

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Could anyone give me some info on this kid. I see he had a nice WJC. Where could we see him drafted? Maybe for those who have seen him, what are his strengths and weaknesses. Thanks in advance

I haven´t missed too many games with him the last two seasons, but ill say he is as gifted offensively as they come. He can dangle, he has really nice technique and good speed. A real goalscorer with a great shot (slap and wrist), great and very good acers. He has a very good hockeysense and is a nice playmaker. His hockeysense is great too. He also works hard on the ice, and thus not only good offensively at all, but also an excellent penaltykiller. He is really good at checking the puck of the defenseman and he is also a winner.

The old NHL he might have not been such a good match(and henced picked later in the rounds cause he feels like an european big-ice kind of player), because the downside with him is that he is body is pretty thin. He can handle the physical aspect of the game though, but almost never hits, and he needs to get alot stronger. Before the tournament i predicted the first three rounds, but illl guess with a good showing at the U18 WC, he could climb higher.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I haven´t missed too many games with him the last two seasons, but ill say he is as gifted offensively as they come. He can dangle, he has really nice technique and good speed. A real goalscorer with a great shot (slap and wrist), great and very good acers. He has a very good hockeysense and is a nice playmaker. His hockeysense is great too. He also works hard on the ice, and thus not only good offensively at all, but also an excellent penaltykiller. He is really good at checking the puck of the defenseman and he is also a winner.

The old NHL he might have not been such a good match(and henced picked later in the rounds cause he feels like an european big-ice kind of player), because the downside with him is that he is body is pretty thin. He can handle the physical aspect of the game though, but almost never hits, and he needs to get alot stronger. Before the tournament i predicted the first three rounds, but illl guess with a good showing at the U18 WC, he could climb higher.

would you agree he reminds you of jason blake??

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
A flashy winger with a good shot. Needs someone who feeds him the puck but when he gets it he puts it home.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I think Blake is better defensively but that's a fairly good comparison IMO.

yeah. its hard to find someone who is right on, but i think blake is the best player to compare him with. and the defensive game often improve as you get older aswell. he has a lot of time to work on that.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Thanks for info Redwingsfan and An Ape called Yoko.

I guess he could be a real BOOM type pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad